C H A P T E R 6 8

As the people of 13 laughed and danced. When the wedding cake was wheeled in, Jessica instantly recognised that it had been baked and decorated by Peeta, no one else she'd ever met could make a cake so gorgeous.

Jessica walked from Annie, Callum and Maggs over to Johanna and Katniss, catching their conversation, "we had adjoining cells in the Capitol. We're very familiar with each other's screams."

"I'm going to kill Snow," Katniss says bluntly. "Nothing good is safe while he's alive. And I can't make another speech about it. No more cameras. No more propos. No more Games. He needs to see my eyes when I kill him." For the first time ever, Johanna smiles at Katniss.

"Now you're talking."

"Hey girls, the usual wedding conversation?" Jessica smirks.

"Join me," Katniss says.

"What?" Jessica replies, confused.

"Come with me, I know you're not cleared for duty yet but-"

"That won't be a problem," she smirks. "I'll talk to Coin and see you down there."

"I hope so," Katniss gives the girl an appreciative smile. Jessica nods at Katniss.

"Dance with me, darling?" Jessica turns to Johanna, holding out her hand.

"It'd be my pleasure," Johanna replies, taking her hand and letting Jessica lead her away. "We're not actually dancing, are we?" Johanna groaned, though secretly enjoying it.

"Yup!" Jessica smiles at her best friend.

The two girls danced through a whole song, smiling and laughing before Finnick and Jacob walk over, "May I steal my wife for a dance?" Jessica walks off with Finnick and Jacob takes her place, dancing with a now blushing Johanna.

A few songs later, a slow song plays and Finnick wraps his arms around Jessica's waist. She rests her head on his chest, sighing in content. She glanced around the room, seeing her little brother Kylo dancing with a blushing rose red Prim, Katniss and Johanna talking again, most likely talking plans, Johanna leaning up and kissing Jacob on the lips when she thought no one was watching causing Jessica to smile victoriously.

She then allows herself to zone out and focus on the steady rising and falling of Finnick's chest as they sway to the music. She moves her head to look up at Finnick, wrapping her arms around his neck as she rises to her toes to kiss him. His arms instinctively tighten around her waist, preventing her from falling as he lets himself sink into the kiss.

The music became background noise as the newlyweds swayed, feeling safe and at peace in each other's arms, their bodies pressed against each other perfectly.

Later that night, once the festivities had ended and the newlyweds entered their compartment, as soon as the bedroom door closed, Jessica felt her back hit the wall as a pair of soft lips crashed onto her own, the two moving in sync, fitting perfectly like puzzle pieces, made for each other.

AN: I rlly enjoyed writing this cutesy bit