C H A P T E R 7 4

"Listen up," Boggs walks in the next morning, "Mag's empty," he holds up the part of the gun he was talking about, his gaze ending on Peeta, "it's only for the propo." He hands it over to Peeta who handles it warily. "Let's move. We're headed five blocks north."

The group leave the building, Boggs in the lead with the Holo.

Finnick walked alongside Peeta as the former spoke to Peeta, reading Peeta's speech from a small notepad. "To the citizens of the Capitol, our war is not with you." Peeta repeated the words. "You will be a vital part of the democracy that follows our victory." He repeats the words again. "You got it," Finnick reassured the baker boy.

Meanwhile, Jessica walked with Katniss upfront. "I know it's hard, I do, I see it in your eyes, but don't give up on him. Please? He's trying, even in the Capitol he tried to remember. He wants to remember, you've just gotta be patient," she talks to the Mockingjay who nods in reply. Wordlessly promising that she'll try.

As Katniss marches on, Jessica fell back, passing Finnick and Peeta, "hey boys," she greets, cheery as ever, as she falls into pace with Leah who was walking behind the boys. "Hey Lee..." the two new friends fell into quiet conversation easily.

Jessica saw a lot of Dale in Leah, it made her mind feel slightly more at ease to know that his sister, aka former best friend, not only didn't hold a grudge but was grateful for the help Jessica had provided the scrawny twelve year old boy.

"Boggs, this is a good spot," Cressida points out. "Through there, in the courtyard."

The group moved through the area with the Holo to 'clear it' before they can set up for the propo.

"We got a pod. Split. Take cover." Boggs says as the beeping intensified.

The group split in two, Jessica and Finnick staying close to Peeta as Leah went to the left next to Katniss, not feeling completely comfortable around the unstable baker boy.

Rapid gunfire sounds from the pod, causing the stone around to break into rubble. Peeta flinched at the action.

Boggs commands the squad on what to do as Peeta murmurs to himself, hitting his head with the end of his gun.

Jessica knelt on the floor next to him, her hand pulling the gun from his head slowly, repeating the mantra to him, "Orange, bread, paint, pearl, bake, strong, kind, twelve."

An explosion goes off. Peeta flinches harder, his face contorting in pain, though he was physically unharmed.

AN: sorry, this chapters rlly boring.