[ 009 ] ❝ a quarter finals win against 2x wimbledon champion ❞

"The only one who can tell you 'you can't win' is you and you don't have to listen."
- Jessica Ennis-Hill

Having made it to the quarter finals meant that Lucía was in need of washing a few of her tennis outfits. During the French Open last year she hadn't packed enough and had to keep washing the five she had taken with her over and over again. She had now learnt to take enough to last her more matches, however while hopeful, she hadn't exactly thought she'd have made it so far in Miami. But then again she knew she had been working hard and without a doubt she knew she deserved to be here. That wasn't to say the other tennis players didn't work hard, because they did, but Lucía wouldn't discredit herself or her efforts. She spent some time after getting back from having sushi, washing her clothes and face timing her parents as her mom instructed her on how to work the machine. 

Charles had offered to come with her but she had told him to stay in the hotel room, she could sense how tired he was after this whole weekend, the long flight to Miami and having spent the whole day watching her play tennis and catching up. She had thought she was tired until she saw the bags under the Monegasques eyes. Charles had yet to meet her mom and the rest of her family. He had met Seb numerous times before however parents were a different ordeal. Of course her mom knew about Charles, and his mom knew about Lucía too but neither ever had time to set anything up with them for first introductions. Deciding to collect her clothes later she made her way back to the hotel room, cracking her fingers as she stretched her arms above her head, yawning. All she wanted to do was fall asleep on her bed, with Charles beside her, wrapped in his arms. 

"Are you excited for Australia next weekend?" Charles asked her, their legs intertwined as they laid under the covers, both sleepy.

"Yeah." She nodded despite the fatigue taking over her limbs and eyes. Her head was buried in Charles chest while one of his hands ran through her hair which she had left down. The quarter finals match wasn't until Thursday and it was currently Monday, so while she had a lot of training to fit in and preparation she also had plans to spend the next few days with her boyfriend in Miami before they had this weekend together alone in Monaco, neither of them working. After Australia next week Lucía was competing in the Billie Jean King Cup as part of the British team. She was beyond excited considering she had never competed before in said tennis competition. "Can I meet Daniel Ricciardo?" She asked him, a yawn escaping her mouth. She felt Charles chest vibrate against her head and heard his small french sounding chuckle as he shook his head in amusement.

"Of course ma chérie." Charles would do anything for Lucía and if that meant hunting Daniel Ricciardo down, which wouldn't be hard considering it was Daniel and he was tall and loud, so she could meet him, then he would do so. 

"I love tennis. Like really love it-" Charles butted in.

"Careful Lu, you are drooling," he told her teasingly, but she just flung her arm out, accidentally smacking him in the face. "Lu-" he complained, throwing her arm back at her. 

"As I was saying before you rudely interrupted me- I love tennis," She covered his mouth with her hand, "but I can't wait for Sunday. Three days all to ourselves before Australia." This weekend already sounded like pure bliss. Charles had a date night planned, they were going to spend one day out in Monaco, on the beach, maybe a yacht, take a walk perhaps, and on another day, most likely Sunday, they planned to spend all day in bed. Watching TV, kissing, cuddling, she had gotten Charles into Grey's Anatomy so they'd probably watch a few episodes of that too. Sunday, Lucía had decided, was their free day this weekend. No gym. No super strict diet, they would have to restrict themselves to a point, but she fancied making those corn flake chocolate easter buns with mini eggs on top.