Bonds

"Sugu-Chan?!" I call as I knock on her door.

"Leave me alone...!" She whines from behind it.

"I'm just as confused as you are...! I thought you hated video games! So why—?!"

"That's not it!!" She swings the door open, and looks down at me. "Of all the people...! Of all the people I fall in love with to forget about the feelings I have for my brother, it had to someone who had feelings for someone else!!" She cries loudly. "It's just my luck...!!"

"What...?" I asked, shocked. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that kind of answer. Not to mention the part of her loving her brother romantically totally flew over my head when I first heard it. "Sugu-Chan, I think—"

"Don't say it! If I had known...you and Sheik were the same...! Then I would've preferred I just continued loving my brother instead!!"

"Listen to me, Sugu-Chan—!"

"Just shut up and leave me alone!!" She screams and slams the door on me.

For a moment, I just stood there. She must have completely misunderstood my relationship with Sinon. I mean...yeah. I like Sinon. But not in a romantic way. I don't even see Kazu-Kun that way. But I guess I never told her that. But how was I supposed to know? I guess the hint that she was crying in game when we had just returned from the hospital... But I didn't know Leafa and Sugu-Chan were the same person, so I didn't think of that possibility at all! It could've just been a total coincidence!

After a few minutes since the shouting stopped, Kazu-Kun walks up the staircase and looks at me. "Did...something happen?" He wondered.

"I...don't even know anymore..." I say, my voice cracking and mascara running down my face. I didn't do my makeup just to come out here, I had done it earlier in the day and just forgot to take it off.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Kazu-Kun asked.

I nod, and step downstairs with him. I explain the whole situation to him. Sinon being in ALO, Sugu-Chan is Leafa and playing a VR game, and about Rekt Progress's CEO wanting to take Sinon as his bride in a couple days time now. But I, uh, left out the part about her loving him in an incest manner. He...didn't need to know about that.

"I see... Why didn't you tell me Sinon was being kept captive like that? I could've helped." He said.

"Well...Tiff-I mean...Agil...said not to tell you. And I agreed. After all, you have school stuff that you should be focusing on."

"So do you."

"Well, that's true... But I already have a well paying career. You don't." I say. "And also...even though it was me who actually killed Kayaba, it's your name that went down in SAO history. Everyone at the raid party who witnessed the fight agreed to it. Everyone knows Kirito. As soon as Rekt finds out Kirito entered ALO, they would have you banned." I tell him.

"So...you went in in my stead to keep my name innocent..." He says.

"That's right..." I nod.

After a moment of silence, he also nods.

"Well, you're going to save Sinon, right?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah... That's the plan... But I don't know if I can do it alone..."

"Then you won't do it alone." Kazu-Kun smiles. "You should be on your way. There are ruins above the town of Arum, right?" He asked. I nod in response. "Good. Why don't wait there and clear your head? Get going. Sinon's not going to sit around forever."

I nod, and stand up, leaving the house on my bike once again. And upon arriving home and greeting my family, I immediately log back in to try again.

~~~