Chapter 12

(Narrator's POV)

"So what's the plan, Holly Blue? How are you going to get close enough to capture that Connie human?" Eyeball asked as Holly Blue chuckled. As it turns out, she already had a pawn in place and it was time to make a move.

"I already have a proxy set. And she's been given her orders. She's been observing the area and once she sees that Connie human alone, she'll bring her here and we'll be able to get Steven to do whatever we wish him to do." She said as she pulled up a screen where none other than Curly Lapis appeared.

"What is it?" She asked as Holly Blue smirked.

"You are aware of what to do, correct?" She asked as Curly sighed.

"This isn't right, you know. If they find me..." She began to say until Holly Blue cut her off.

"Silence. You know you have no room to grow any sentimental ties to any of them. And besides: If you do not do as your told, then you'll have the weight of that entire speck of dirt on your shoulders. Imagine what the Diamonds would do if Steven got hurt? It would be a Gem War all over again." She said as Curly looked confused.

"But Steven isn't hurt." She said.

"With what I'm planning, he very well could be. And even more so, I and anyone I choose will escape retribution from the Diamonds. So if you want to have a chance of such relief, you'll do as you're told. Now what is your report?" Holly Blue asked as Curly sighed.

"That human Connie is on her own. I have an opening. This will be quick." Curly said as she immediately spotted Connie and a nearby Warp Pad. Like a hawk, she swooped down towards the teen girl!

"What the?!!" Connie exclaimed as she was scooped up before being taken to the Warp Pad and beamed away. The two soon arrived on Homeworld where Holly Blue, Eyeball and Aquamarine were waiting.

"What's going on, Holly Blue?!? What are you planning?!? And Aquamarine too?!?" She exclaimed as Aquamarine shook her head.

"See? Told you she never shuts up." She said as Holly Blue simply chuckled as Connie looked at her in worry, knowing this couldn't mean anything good for her, Steven or Spinel....

*Meanwhile back on Earth*

"Where's Connie? She should have been here by now. You think she got caught up in studying?" Steven asked as Spinel shook her head.

"No. You called her and she said she'd be here. This was supposed to be our first actual date with the 3 of us." She said as Steven looked worried.

Something was wrong. He could just sense it. Connie keeps her word and never goes back on what she says. And the hybrid knew her  enough to know that she'd never go back on something like a first date with the 3 of them.

"Something's wrong, Spinel. I'll go ask Garnet what's going on." Steven said. But just as he was about to leave, he got a phone call from Peridot.

"Steven. Come to Little Homeworld. The communication area. You and Spinel need to see this now." She said as Steven nodded.

"Spinel. You and me need to head to Little Homeworld. It's important." He said as the two of them headed off. Soon, they arrived....and Steven's skin turned pink at who he saw on the screen.

"Well hello there, Steven. It's so sad you had to leave so soon the last time you were here. But we'd love to see you again." Holly Blue said as Bluebird appeared on screen.

"Bluebird! What do you want?!? And do you really think we're just gonna let you creeps get to Steven?" Amethyst snapped as she summoned her whip.

"Oh I think you worthless Gems will. In fact, I believe you'll let him come alone. Otherwise something terrible may happen to this human he's so fond of." Holly Blue said as she revealed a tied up Connie in her whip, angering Steven and Spinel!

"You hurt her and I swear I'll.....!!!!" Steven raged as Spinel calmed him down as Holly Blue laughed.

"Look at that! Finally, I've gotten a rise out of you! So you aren't as peaceful as you make yourself out to be, Steven Universe! You do have the mentality of a Diamond within you after all! Let that anger guide you to us! Otherwise your precious Connie won't survive for much longer!!!!" She said as Steven glared in pure hatred at her and Bluebird.

"Homeworld, right? That's where you want me to come find you?" He asked as Holly Blue simply chuckled.

"No. We shall be elsewhere. It's an old colony that belonged to Yellow Diamond. The humans in the Zoo have taken to calling it "The Jungle Moon." We shall be at the dome. See you soon....or else." She said as the screen cut off.

"The Jungle Moon. I know the place. I need to go there." Steven said as Garnet was worried.

"Steven. Isn't that the same colony where you told me you saw....?" She began to say until Steven looked at her and nodded.

"Yeah Garnet. That's where I had that dream about Mom and Yellow Diamond. No doubt they forced that information out of Connie. But I have to go there. And I have to go alone otherwise who knows what they'll do to her?" The hybrid said as he headed towards the Warp Pad.

"Steven.... please be careful. Both you and Connie come back safe..." Spinel said as Steven smiled at her.

"I promise we will." He said as he warped away to the Jungle Moon.

Can Steven save Connie from Bluebird and Holly Blue? See ya next chapter to find out!

Lurkerbelow

Endie_287

FilippoMasiero2