21

After that night the two teens seemed to have silently agreed not to mention what happened.
The only thing suggesting that it wasn't a dream on both parts was the fact that they both were slightly more good natured around each other.
By the end of their internship they could almost be considered freinds.

Their classes started off quickly in order to prepare for the upcoming exams.
As did training.

Mai stood next to Kirishima as eraserhead explained what they'd be doing.
It was basically capture the flag.
Each team will have two random students.
One will be the good guys, one will be the bad guys.

Both will have a flag.
Eraser showed them the flags.
The fabric glowed slightly, probably to make it easier to see and more difficult to hide.

The mock city they were placed in had an enormous dome over the top.
Their teacher explained they could change the weather and time of day.
They could make it rainy and night, or day with a clear sky.
The weather will be different for each match.

The goal of the game was to grab your opponent's flag and bring it to your own.
Simple enough.

Mai was paired with Ejiro Kirishima.
She was glad to be his partner, he was easy to talk and strategize with.
They almost immediately  agreed that he would guard their flag while she captured their opponent's.

Uraraka and Sero were on the opposite team.
"Their most likely course of action would be to leave Uraraka to guard and for Sero to Capture the flag."
Mai said to Kirishima as they entered one side of the small city.
It was quickly fading to dark and Mai could see artificial Storm clouds brewing.

"Right, Urarakas quirk would work better at defending, and Sero is significantly faster."
Kirishima mumbled shoving their flag into a hole in the wall, before pointing at it to ask her approval.
Mai nodded, though you couldn't see the flag itself the red glow was still slight visible.

"We should be fine, you can use your quirk defensively against Sero, and I'm faster than him, plus I have another advantage over Uraraka."

He tilted his head, curious.
"What?"
He asked

Mai turned to look at him.
"I can see in the dark."
She said.
Her eyes glowed dimly red as she activated her quirk.
The light coming off of them it wasn't enough to illuminate anything in front of her.

As the sky fell to complete darkness all Kirishima could see were the two red glowing eyes of his teammate.
"That's so manly!! What else can you do?!"
He asked now almost completely blind.

Mai shrugged, though he could barely see it.
"Hear well?"

A horn sounded and Eraserheads monotone voice announced the beginning of the match.

"I need to start heading their way, it shouldn't take long for me to locate them."
She said running to a window.
"Hang tight and Don't let Sero get the flag."
She said leaving the Building.
Kirishima nodded.
Though it was still dark his eyes had started to adjust and he could see fairly well.

He briefly considered testing the lights to see if they worked, but desided being spotted was too risky.
If Sero saw only one house with a light he would know it was them.

Which is what Uraraka did.
It wasn't because she was scared of the dark or anything like that.
It was so she could see all the rubble around her, she already knew Mai could find her easily.
Plus it would hide the glow of the flag.
this way she could easily see Mai when she enters the warehouse her flag was hidden in a well thought out plan on her part.

Mai scanned the cityscape.
Her eyes landed on the lit warehouse, and at that same moment the clouds decided to pour rain down.
Though everything was decided by chance Mai's team had a real advantage.
Sero's tape wasn't completely waterproof, in order to keep it sticky enough to hold his body while swinging he would have to be constantly creating new tape.
While Mai on the other hand could fly, even with the rain.
But it wasn't pleasant by any means.

She landed in an alleyway close to the warehouse.
She didn't really want to fight hand to hand with the other girl because her quirk could make it difficult to actually fight and find the flag simultaneously.

But Mai had another idea.

She wrung out her soaked hair and thanked every higher power she could think of that she asked for a water proof costume.
The rain drops hit the white fabric of her costume and ran off the water resistant material.
Mai retracted her wings deciding to try and be as quite as she could before carefully climbing to the roof of the nearest building.

She found the power line that connected to the warehouse.
And the box connected to that.
It only took a few moments of switch flipping and wire snatching to completely cut the lights of the warehouse off.

Normally as a hero this dirty trick would be frowned upon by her teachers.
But Mai and Kirishima were on the "Villain" team, so she was just getting into character.

A slight squeal sounded from inside the warehouse from a surprised Uraraka while Mai found a window towards the top of the warehouse and quietly climbed in.

Uraraka was standing in the middle of the large building, several crates and other pieces of rubble and such were around her in a simi circle.
And some were even floating above the biggest entrance.

'She was planning on crushing me?!'
Mai thought with a small frown.

The girl carefully climbed up the The rafters.
She scanned the room until her eyes landed on a slight blue glow.

It shinned brightly through the cracks of a crate behind Uraraka.

Mai smirked knowing she found her target.
'Gotcha.'

"I know you're there villain!"
Uraraka said, trying to hid her nervousness by acting like a fearless hero.
But was completely failing to hide her panic from her opponent, the evil villain.

Mai landed behind her, still several feet away.
Uraraka turned quickly eyes wide.
The paranoid girl gasped loudly and covered her mouth to hold in a scream when she saw nothing but a pair of glowing red eyes.

"Now That's a bit dramatic isn't it?"
Mai asked raising an eyebrow Uraraka couldn't see.

"I-"

Mai stomped on the crate breaking it open and exposing the flag.

"I won't let you take it!"
Uraraka yelled running at Mai touching anything she could as she did.

Mai sighed.
'She trained under a combat hero for a week and suddenly thinks she's invincible.'
Mai easily Dodged and grabbed the flag.

She felt her suit become extremely light.
Uraraka attacked from behind but only had time to brush Mai's clothing before the dark haired girl spun around landing a kick on Uraraka's side.

She didn't use her quirk, hurting her wasn't nessisary and Mai didn't want to give the girl an actual reason to hate her.

But the kick was hard and strong enough to knock her over.
Mai didn't hesitate to turn and take flight out the door.
She exited seconds before the rubble fell.