Eclair Cookie x F! reader

If any of yall are into Pokemon, would yall be up for an Evil Team leader oneshot book? Also this is hella short lol, Eclair is hard to write.

××××××

You frowned as you realized yet another artifact had been taken. "Someone's been stealing our shit. I bet it's Roguefort," you cursed, biting your nail. The dress of the ducchess of 1890 seemed to be the item gone today.

Curse the police for still not catching them. They roamed freely as a criminal still stealing. And your artifacts were starting to take a toll. Within the past month, five things were missing. Two paintings from the Roman era, an antique birdcage owned by a prince, a sword used by a famous gladiator, and now the Ducchess' dress.

Since the police hadn't done much, you decided to take matters into your own hands. Well- you and Eclair's hands.

You both sat under the front desk, button the alarm ready to set off at any point. You hadn't said a word the whole night, waiting silently for someone to break in.

And break in they did. The window shattered as two feet padded across the floor. Pressing the silent alarm, you swallowed and drew out your magic dagger as the perpetrator walked towards the candle area.

Just as you suspected, police sirens immediately wailed in the background. The feet sped up, heading to the window as you hurried to jump out from under the counter. To your surprise, it wasn't Roguefort. Rather, a tiny boy draped in rags for clothes. He was desperately clinging to a candle holder, eyes wide as he spotted your dagger.

"What are you doing?" You asked a tad harsher than intended. "Uh- I- I-" his eyes boiled over with tears, lips trembling. "Im sorry!" He dropped the candle holder, sobbing. "My mommy- she- needs- WAAAAAAH-" he was cut off as Rye kicked down the door a little too aggressively. You grunted in response, standing in front of the kid to shield him from the reckless woman of a sherrif.

"Is that the thief, missy?" Rye asked, tilting her hat up. You swallowed and looked back, the frightened boy who was no older than four staring at you in fear. "No," you muttered. "False alarm." Rye perked her eyebrow and nodded, exiting and calling "false, boys! Let's get headin' back!" To her crew. You shut the door, rubbing your temple as Eclair finally popped up.

"It's... A child?" He asked, blinking. You turned and leaned down, gripping the kid's shoudlers. "What's wrong with your mommy, hun?" He whimpered and looked away, "She's sick!" He said, suddenly crying again. Shooting a look at Eclair, you sighed. "Stealing isnt the right way to help your mommy, darling. I'll tell you what. If you bring me back my stuff tomorrow morning, I'll come help your mom every day."

His eyes widened in response as he surged forward to hug you. "I promise! I- I'll bring back everything." after an hour of talking and sweeping up the shattered glass, you let the kid scurry home. Eclair, who'd been silent most of the night, suddenly sighed. "I wonder how bad it must be for poor Mint (the boy's name!) To steal precious artifacts."

You kissed your coworker and fiance's cheek, shrugging. "I dunno. Probably terrible. But that's why i made that deal." He smiled and nodded, biting his lip. "Y'know; That's why I love you. You're so caring." you gave a thankful smile and yawned, nodding once more. "Yeah. I am."