xlviii. Dark

어둠

어둠

THE TWO SUPERHEROES stealthily moved across several rooftops at a quick speed, Mina following behind Jungkook as he navigated the way back to where it all happened. They tried not to be seen from below by the pedestrians going about their usual day, a pair of teenagers flying above them.

Mina's heart raced as she saw the warehouse in the distance, its poor and ghastly structure sticking out. Something about that place made her nervous, and while it was because that was where her identity got revealed to everyone, it somehow gave her an odd feeling. She couldn't read into it, but something about that place felt off.

They reached the roof of the warehouse, their footsteps quiet on the panels of metal. There were rows of clear panels, which showed a clear view of the inside. Dusty metal shelves were fallen, and there was clutter that looked as if it were there for years. There were also two rooms at each end of the warehouse, one bigger in size than the other.

Bending down, Mina peered her head over one of the clear panels, scanning the inside. Jungkook took notice, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't tell me we're going in from here," Jungkook blinked, looking down at the clear panel as he towered over Mina.

"We don't know if Shadow's in there. We can't just walk through the front door," Mina looked up at him before digging her fingers under a small slab that allowed her to lift the panel. Jungkook swiftly helped put it to the side, the dirt shedding into the air and making her nose scrunch.

"I'm going to go down first, and then use my powers to help you get down," Mina explained as she stood up, wiping her hands on her dark pants.

"But I can jump," Jungkook said with a confused pout, his eyebrows slightly creased.

"But that makes noise. We can't mess this up," she told him before her eyes began to glow, and she used her power to hover herself in the air. She slowly and gently descended into the warehouse, actively scanning for any movement as she went down. Her feet gracefully touched the concrete ground, her palms still glowing as she looked up at Jungkook and motioned to him.

Jungkook swallowed before he stepped forward, his boots on the edge of the panel as he looked down at her. He suddenly felt a strange sensation around his body, seeing deep purple streaks surround him as he slowly floated down. "This feels weird," he rasped, his eyes darting to the ground below him where he saw Mina controlling him.

As gently as she could, Mina set Jungkook onto his feet, where he swiftly lost balance, stumbling into her own arms. She helped him stand up straight, her heart thumping at the feeling of Jungkook's tight grip on her arms.

Jungkook cleared his throat as he stepped away from her. "Thanks."

They searched around, seeing two rooms that seemed to have been built recently, given the difference in discoloration of the concrete. It was as if someone took an absolutely empty and abandoned warehouse and slapped two rooms inside of it.