one

• Sienna •

Sienna sat on her bed, her laptop open next to her playing some random show on Netflix as she tried to finish up her math homework. It wasn't even hard, but time-consuming and annoying. She was pulled away from it when she heard her phone ping from her nightstand.

Matt :) : We're going to McDonalds
Matt :) : Be ready in 15

She paused her show and closed her notebook, getting up from her bed; She could finish her work later. She knew that 15 minutes was an over-exaggeration as Matt only lived a few blocks away. The two had been almost inseparable since their freshman year when they had been assigned to be lab partners in their chemistry class and even more so now that they both had their licenses. She grabbed a hoodie from her closet before she left, knowing that the Massachusetts winter was not one that she wanted to mess with.

When Sienna arrived in her kitchen, she found her mother sitting at the counter, eating a bowl of fruit.

"I'm going out with Matt and probably his brothers. I won't be gone super long."

"Have fun, honey! Text me if you're not going to be back for dinner." Sienna nodded, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge as she saw headlights pull into her driveway. She gave her mom a quick hug before leaving out of the garage.

When she got to the car she wasn't surprised to
be sitting in the front seat, Chris always volunteered to move to the back when she got in unless they were filming a video. This time, however, Chris wasn't in the car, and neither was Nick.

"Hey, MattyB!" He cringed at the nickname that she refused to stop calling him. It wasn't even bad, just extremely overused, mainly by her. "Chris afraid to lose at arm wrestling again?"

"Probably, but nah they're just busy at home. Just us tonight." He put the car in reverse and began the short drive to McDonald's. It was a habit by now that they always got McDonald's on Wednesday nights. It had started as the two of them, then his brothers had joined, so she got a nice feeling of nostalgia from the change of plans.

"Do you listen to anything that isn't rap?" She grimaced at the dashboard that displayed the song that was currently playing, some song by Lil Tecca.

"Not really." He shook his head, having to fix his hair so it wasn't in his eyes two seconds later. "You can have aux if you want."

She nodded, grabbing the cord and plugging her phone in before shuffling her playlist. A song by The Neighborhood turned on and she smiled.

"Do you listen to anything that is rap?" He turned down the radio as he spoke, clearly not loving the music choice.

"Nope." She popped the 'p' at the end of the word in an attempt to annoy him, but he just smiled and continued driving. "You should really broaden your music taste. I'll even make you a playlist!"

"As long as this specific song isn't on it then sure, you can make me a playlist and I'll try to like it."

Sienna responded by turning up the music and beginning to sing along, getting closer to him to sing into his ear.

"Sienna. Singing loudly into my ear will not make me like this, if anything it'll make me go deaf then I won't be able to listen to any of your music."

"Exactly my plan, Matt. Then I'll only have to fight Chris on the music."  He shook his head again as he laughed, pausing the music again as he pulled into the drive-thru.

He ordered their food from memory, a result of just how long they had been going on the McDonalds runs. Once they pulled back onto the road and Matt's window was back up, Sienna moved to turn up the music again, but her wrist was caught by Matt.