Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

EARLY MORNING at the cabinet room in the castle on Adral, a private meeting was held. Gathered in a rectangular mahogany table with fourteen chairs— six chairs on each side and one chair on both ends— the left side were occupied by Hakkeran, Gabin, Zassia, Xeke, Cira and Grath, while the right side were occupied by Treven, King Tirac of the Druids, King Ruther of the Dwarven Kingdom, Zio— Zassia's grandfather, Queen Morya of Harpies and Barrin, representing the Phoenix's race. And both ends were occupied by Queen Sollel and Queen Gatria.

"This meeting is all about our next step moving forward," said Hakkeran. "If you have any bright ideas and opinions, do not hesitate to share them. As this castle's lord, I will start." Hakkeran took a deep breath and spoke in a voice that has an air of importance that made Sollel very proud as she watched her man. "The plan was to rescue the two remaining Yther's Queens. Queen Aenwyn who's imprisoned in Nayale Archipelago and Queen Astrid who's caged in the Sky Castle of the Caelum Kingdom.

"As you know, I am a descendant of Sappher and I devoted my three lifetimes planning my queen's escape," Hakkeran looked at Sollel lovingly before he continued, "I investigated and mapped the best route to take to save Queen Astrid and Queen Aenwyn." As if on cue, Gabin placed two maps on the table. "It had been so many years since I made it, this map may not be as accurate as before, but it could serve as our guide. I've already spoken about this to Queen Sollel and Queen Gatria and they have decided to personally save the remaining two queens."

Gatria nodded at Hakkeran. "I will be going to the sky castle with Treven and Sollel will be going to Nayale Archipelago with Lord Hakkeran."

King Tirac raised his hand as if asking for permission to speak. Gatria nodded at him and only then did the King of Druids spoke.

"Your Highness," he was looking at Queen Gatria, "I dare not question Lord Treven's ability to protect you, but to infiltrate the sky castle with just the two of you..." King Tirac was worried. "Lord Treven specializes in defense. What will happen if there were too many moonrite stones that the cloak I enchanted could handle? Please reconsider, Your Highness. At least take someone who could easily take the offensive if a moonrite stone weakened you."

Treven nodded at that. "Agreed. I am incomparable when it comes to defense, no one could break my shield, but my offense sucks."

Gatria nodded at King Tirac as if telling him that she understood his worry. "That is why I'm taking Grath with me."

Grath, who was just silently sitting beside Cira, couldn't help his surprise. He was certain that he was going with her highness, Queen Sollel, so to hear this from Queen Gatria, Grath couldn't help looking at Queen Sollel to ask if he did something she didn't like. "D-did I do something wrong, Your Highness?"

Gatria couldn't help teasing Grath, seeing how panic he was. "You do not want to serve under me? As far as I can remember, demi-humans swore their fealty to me since they live in the forest I blessed."

Grath immediately stood up and bowed his head at Gatria. "Forgive me for my insolence, Your Highness! It was just that, I had been blessed by Her Highness, Queen Sollel."

Sollel pouted at Gatria. "You can stop teasing him now, Gatria."

Gatria chuckled. "Forgive me. I couldn't help it." Gatria's chuckle turned into a gentle smile. "I know that you're blessed by Sollel and that is the reason why Sollel wanted you to accompany me in my travel."

Sollel nodded. "With Grath's strength and flaming claw, you'll have a strong offense. I suggested to Gatria to take Zassia as well, but Hakkeran and I talked about it and decided that after what happened the other night, Zassia should stay here in Adral and help protect the town while we're away. I'm positive that she could pull it off."