Chapter 29

Liam started to wake up. Once he opened his eyes, he started to panic, but Stiles and Jasper tried to hold him down.

"Liam, listen to me, you're okay. Calm down, you're okay sweetheart." Stiles said.

Liam started to calm down, and leaned into Stiles. He felt safe with him. 

"Are you okay?." Stiles asked.

Liam nodded.

"Liam, can I ask, where are your parents." Jasper asked.

"I don't have any. I was brought up in the care system. No one wanted me because I was older than the others, and the ones that did take me in, sent me right back, because they couldn't handle my anger issues. I ended up running away, I couldn't handle being in that place anymore."

"Is that how Deucalion got to you."

Liam nodded. "He offered me a place to stay, off the street. I trusted him because he was blind. He then told me about werewolves, and that if he gave me the bite, I could be something special, but I didn't want it. I told him that, but he bit me anyway, said he needed me, needed an army, and the fact that no one would miss me was a bonus for him."

Stiles hugged Liam harder. "You have us now. We will look after you." 

"Yeah, until you have had enough of me, and you will send me away too." Liam sobbed.

Stiles heart broke for the boy. All he has ever had in life is disappointment.  "We wont send you away, your ours now, we wont abandon you."

"You don't know me. Why would you help me?." Liam asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. But I feel a connection to you. Like I have this paternal instinct that's making me want to look after you and keep you safe." Stiles said.

"I feel safe with you." Liam said as he nuzzled into Stiles neck.

Jasper stroked the back of his head, using his gift to sooth Liam. "Are you feeling better?." 

"Yeah, I do. I don't feel any anger, so that's good I guess." Liam said. "Is that because I'm a vampire now?."

Stiles laughed. "Jasper has a special gift, and he is helping you right now, with your emotions."

"That pretty cool. I do feel kind of floaty."

Jasper laughed. "I've never had anyone say that before."

There was knock on the door.

"Come in." Jasper said.

Derek walked in. "Sorry, I can come back if this is a bad time."

"No its fine, hows Peter?." Stiles asked.

"Well hes woken up. Carlisle has taken him hunting." 

"Yeah, we need to take Liam too, he's a bit out of it at the moment, Jasper had to calm him a little, when he woke up."

Derek nodded. "The three of you look good together. Like a family."

Stiles smiled. "Yeah"

"Yeah Stiles." Derek laughed. "I heard you talking before with the pack, when I was with Peter. The pups were right, you were the pack mum, always looked after everyone. Liam is in the best place, here with you."

"Thanks Derek. How did it go with Leah?."

"Okay I guess. She told me about imprinting and what happened with Sam and Emily. We are going to take it slow, get to know each other."

"But you're going to give it go right, I know what you're like Derek, you cant push her away, like you did with me."

"I know, that's why I'm here actually, I heard the pack saying they didn't want to leave and go back to Beacon Hills. I actually feel the same, Beacon Hills doesn't feel like home anymore  and I do want to make a go of it with Leah, so I'm moving here. I just wanted to see if you were okay with it?."