Fourteen

Jisoo arrived at a fancy restaurant, she was confused as to why Haein's father wanted to talk to her at such an elegant place. As she was following Jung woo to get to kyung young, Jisoo felt like everyone in the restaurant was staring at her. She quickly checked herself out briefly and saw that she was pretty much underdressed to be in such a fancy place.

"Miss jisoo over here!" Jung woo uttered and signaled jisoo to sit across the table to Haein's father. Kyung young looked at Jisoo with contempt and she felt his eyes judging her already. She sat in front of him across the table and hung her purse on the back of her seat.

"Mr.Jung...Im not really sure as to why you wanted to see me again ?!" Jisoo uttered with fear in her eyes because she quickly saw his expressions becoming more and more hostile towards her.

"Do you want something to eat?" Kyung young asked out of nowhere. Jisoo perplexed by his sudden question kindly rejected.

"No..Ehm Im fine!!" Jisoo uttered. Kyung young smiled and quickly grabbed his drink.

"Are you sure?? Do you not want me to order you a steak?.....or anything with meat in it ? Kyung young asked with eagerness. Jisoo was slightly baffled since she could read the irony in his words already. It was almost as if he knew about her condition from just a awhile ago at the infirmary.

"No sir...I'm sure that I don't want anything...thank you for asking." Jisoo voiced and slightly bowed her head as a sign of respect. However, kyung young was not satisfied with her answer.

"I will tell you something that not even Haein knows about his late mother." Kyung young uttered with a smile on his face. Jisoo immediately looked intently at kyung young. She was curious to know what he was going to tell her about Haein's mother. She already admired her so much after everything Haein had told her about her.

"You see when my wife got pregnant with Haein she suffered a lot from nausea in the first few months of her pregnancy. She would tell me

"kyung young, I can't eat that it smells awful"

So, I had to go and bring her something else that didn't have any trace of meat in it. Because meat would make her really sick even when she smelled it just for a bit." Kyung young uttered while sneering back at her. Jisoo felt nervous for some reason as she quickly related her nausea symptoms with the story that kyung young was telling her about his late wife. She felt suffocated and all of a sudden as she started sweating.

"Do you understand what I'm trying to tell you??" Kyung young asked. Jisoo gulped hard and slightly shook her head.

"I'm sure you do...because I know that you're pregnant, Jisoo!!" Kyung young uttered without hesitation. Jisoo opened her eyes widely and chuckled upon hearing him.

"What??"

"I'm sorry but I don't think I'm pregnant!!"

"What makes you think that?" Jisoo asked with disbelief and she also felt offended.

"Oh...dear Jisoo...it really seems that you are unable to piece everything together. And Haein told me that you were a smart girl." Kyung young scoffed. Jisoo immediately grabbed the glass of water that was placed in front of her and drank the entire glass empty. Kyung young noticed Jisoo's pale face and felt satisfied with how he was making her feel.

"Jisoo...the day that I sent Jung woo for you...he told me that you had a relapse and that he had to take you to the hospital. The doctor personally informed me that you were indeed pregnant!!"

"I told him not to tell you because I really needed time to figure out how to solve this problem that my insolent son created." Kyung young sternly exclaimed. Jisoo was astonished by the sudden news and quickly recalled all those times that she felt sick.