Chapter - 1

Third Person's POV

A girl in a bridal dress sitting on a bed decorated with flowers. The entire room was also decorated with flowers and candles.

The whole decorations indicated that it was decorated for someone's wedding night and that someone is Pritika Mehra, sitting on the bed in a bridal dress, she was looking at the whole room with amazement in her eyes.

Pritika's POV

I am gawking at the surroundings right now. I can't believe a room could be so much big. This entire room is actually the size of my whole house, why a person needs such a big room? Does he play football in the room?

Oh god, I still can't believe now this room is also mine. when I came to this house first I thought I was here for a maid's job but now I am the daughter-in-law of this house.

FLASHBACK

Third person's POV

When at dusk the whole sky turned orange, Pritika was going towards her home on foot, she hurried her footsteps as she wanted to reach home before the sun set completely.

It was still 2 km away from her home when a neighbour boy, Raj came towards her riding on a bicycle.

RAJ : Priti di (sister) hurry up... sit on the backseat of my bicycle.

PRITIKA : why? What happened?

RAJ : your Dadi ( Grandma) is waiting for you... hurry up.

PRITIKA : why is Dadi waiting for me? I am not late. ( said checking the time on her old second-hand mobile phone)

RAJ : oh ho... you ask a lot of questions. Just sit... I will take you hurriedly... you will automatically know.

PRITIKA : ok ok.

Pritika sat on the backseat of the bicycle and Raj took her hurriedly towards her home.

Arriving in front of her house she saw her grandma standing with two pieces of luggage and some of their neighbours standing with her grandma.

PRITIKA : Dadi, why are you standing here? And whose is this luggage? ( asked confusingly)

Bandana ( Dadi) : Priti , I will tell you later, now hurry up...we have to go to the bus stand or else we will miss the bus.

PRITIKA : Bus stop? Why are we going to the bus stand? Where are we going?

Bandana : Ohh... Priti, just do as I say. I don't have time now, pick up this one luggage and follow me.

PRITIKA : Ok... but give me the other one too. Your health isn't well recently, don't pick up this heavy luggage.

BANDANA : but... dear...

PRITIKA : I am listening to you, you will listen to me.

BANDANA : ok... ok I understand...let's go.

Saying goodbye to the neighbours they started walking towards the bus stand. The distance of the bus stand from their home is 4 km and they have to go there on foot as there is no other vehicle.
As they lived in a remote village this bus stand is the only option of transport for the villagers to go to the city. Only two buses depart from this bus stand in a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening.

Pritika was confused as to why they were going to the bus stand but she is an obedient child, so she followed her grandma quietly.

Arriving at the bus stand her grandma bought two tickets to the city for them and they got on the bus and sat on their seats.

PRITIKA : Dadi, why are we going to the city? What's going on?

BANDANA : My dear granddaughter, you trust your dadi, right?

PRITIKA : Yes....dadi of course I trust you.

BANDANA : Then don't ask anything...just enjoy the ride. It's a long journey... here (passing a tiffin box) I have packed some snacks if you are hungry then eat some. I am taking a nap, I am a little tired after the walk.

PRITIKA : ok dadi.

After some moments the bus started its journey towards the city. Pritika still didn't know that this journey was actually the beginning of changing her life.