1

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

idk if this will be at 200k by the time i post this (it's currently at 199k) but — thank you all, again, truly <3

<1>
a reoccurring experience

EACH MONTH, SEVERAL TIMES A week, Petunia was forced into Dumbledore's office, unwillingly letting him burden her inner eye.

A headache was always formed, her eyes continuously watered, and her scar — which has been reopened after every vision, was brutally scabbed and throbbing each second.

She felt tortured.

But at least she wasn't alone.

After that first night, when James heard and experienced everything — he had refused to let her go alone. And even then, Remus would join the pair when he could. Though, there were some days that he missed.

She didn't mind.

But was still curious for the reasoning.

Lily, despite being completely ignored by the two boys, still came every day, like James. She'd sit back in the corner — watching every wither and cry Petunia would make when her visions would take over, not being able to fight off Dumbledore like he'd hope.

Lily would frown at the sight.

But she never said anything.

And, again, as Dumbledore would invade her mind, Petunia would continuously see the same vision — making her grow depressed for the young boy who'd cloud it.

Regulus Black.

The first time he was displayed, Petunia wasn't able to pinpoint where she'd seen him before. She recognized his features, the small waiver in his voice — his hair. But it still took her until her seventh try to realize it was the younger Black brother.

The vision gave her nightmares.

Fresh bruises and scars aligning his abdomen. Detailed gashes decorating his thighs and back, oozing puss as they were growing infected. The boy could no longer scream or cry, as the punishment would only grow worse.

He was weak.

He would lay against the tiled floors, shaking in fear and pain as two hovered over him — wands pointed with no hesitation in either of their faces.

Regulus Black cowered under their eyes.

What Petunia assumed was his home, was rather dark. The same shade of green painted on each wall, while matte black doors were neatly decorated in each room. Art was covered in every inch of the home — but instead of making it look nicer, Petunia believed it made it look even more unwelcoming.

The lights that adorned the ceilings seemed rather useless — as the home was almost too dark to see in.

But even so, without the light, Petunia could see the pain and suffering the occurred daily, since the stains of blood still dried against the floorings, walls, and furniture.

She didn't want to see it anymore.

But she had too.

Regulus Black never begged them to stop, he never once used his voice against them. Instead, he would let them continue to scream "Crucio," repeatedly. Petunia could see he tried to hide his pain — as he would bare his teeth and close his eyes tightly.

But, it never worked.

He could never find a happy memory.

He could never find a peaceful state.

Petunia wanted to help him.

But, like always, she couldn't move.

Petunia watched everything.

The same vision for weeks.

She was tired.

She was hurt.

She finally woke up.

    Tears streaming down her face, her blonde hair being knotted as her fingers tangled into them harshly. Petunia could feel James's hand rubbing her back — trying to make her breaths match his movements.

They soon did.

And then she spoke.

    Weakly, her throat being sore from crying, Petunia's glazed eyes stared at the headmaster, almost pleadingly. "No more."

     And, almost reluctantly, he nodded — staring down the only window in his room, illuminating the summery sky.

It was the last day of their 5th year.

      "He will come again," He spoke distantly, "...for you," he detailed. Petunia only listened. "And when he does, you need to try and fight it." He continued shortly, "We can not let him know the future."

      And at his words, she nodded in understanding, her hand folding over her burning and bloody scar. Tears still freely fell, but she ignore each one — having more important matters at hand.

It went quiet.

      He stared at her unsurely, seeming to try and find his next words. Petunia watched as he glanced down to her ring — which was currently shining the color of pain.

Dumbledore frowned.

     "Do not take it off," He gestured, "And," He finally looked at all of them, "Stay safe."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER