chapter 115

I wake up without Ryujin next to me. Why does she wake up so early? Then I remember that Eva wakes up early. I don't remember ever waking up early every time I'm with Ryujin. Even when Ervin cries she gets to him before I can even process what's going.

I did ask her once why she always takes care of the kids in the morning and she told me because I've done it enough while I was with Dana. I did try to argue, saying it was only about two years so it wasn't that long and she said that she will do this for two years at least then maybe she will let me help.

I think about yesterday's events and I can't help but smile. The wedding, the reception, just everything. It wasn't anything fancy but it felt so special.

I get up to get Ervin. We're sharing the same room with the kids since our house is still being built. We could have stayed at the house by the lake but this just seems more convenient and more comfortable. We are leaving for our honeymoon later though so Ryujin and I will have some quality time with just the two of us. At first, I was worried that Eva wouldn't agree but she likes being around the Shins so it wasn't that hard to convince her to stay.

We leave early in the afternoon to go to California for our honeymoon. We can't travel outside of the states due to my status right now. Ryujin also wanted to introduce me to her cousins that couldn't make it to the wedding.

My family doesn't leave until tomorrow though. It honestly brings me so much joy how much the Shins have accepted not only me but also my family as a whole. My dad and Ryujin's dad talk about sports and hunting a lot. My mom is still a bit hesitant with things but she's getting better. The more she sees me with Ryujin, the more she realizes that she's good for me. My sister and Travis are already planning their next visit here. I seriously think they're considering moving here.

The Shins even offered Travis a job and are willing to sell part of their property so they can build a house.

I decide to head downstairs to see what Ryujin and Eva are up to. Eva has taken an interest in cooking so Ryujin has been teaching her how. Whenever Ryujin is cooking, Eva is there watching her. Ryujin would then explain what to do and what not to do. She even got Eva a knife that's pretty safe for kids. It cuts food but it won't cut their fingers off.

I didn't even think about teaching Eva to cook at such a young age but I guess she did the same thing with Gabe. He can pretty much cook a full meal by himself. He still needs supervision since he's not allowed to turn on the stove by himself and he can't reach everything he needs.

I find it crazy at times though that Eva seems more like Ryujin's kid than she is Dana's or sometimes even mine. The two have become best friends.

I find Ryujin and Eva in the kitchen, probably making breakfast.

I see Eva, being a kid, making a mess everywhere thinking it's fun.

"What happened dada?" Eva has the audacity to ask knowing what she just did.

Ryujin doesn't say anything and just looks at Eva.

"I made a mess" Eva says.

"You did. So what do you have to do now?" Ryujin calmly ask.

"Clean it up" Eva happily says.

"Yes, when we make a mess whether by accident or on purpose, we have to clean up after ourselves" Ryujin states.

"Do you want me to help?" Ryujin ask.

"Yes please" Eva smiles.

Ryujin talked to me into doing this gentle parenting thing and it seems to work with Eva. We don't get mad at the kids and we don't yell or spank. We talk to them. We explain why things are bad and that when you do things you're not supposed to then there will be consequences.