Chapter 24 - Promise

While Yuvraj was sleeping soundly,Anamika had a disturbed sleep tossing and turning on the bed. Sensing her movements Yuvraj also woke up and with the dim light of the oil lamp,he made Anamika to sit up and asked,"Did you even sleep for sometime?". Anamika nodded her head saying yes and then proceeded to caress her big belly. Pratap also sidehugged her while sitting beside her and caressed her head.

This is usual for them as many times in the night, the babies will kick strongly which will wake their mother up from her sleep. "Seems like they are playing with each other  as i can feel them moving", Anamika said slowly. Pratap nodded understandingly as he has been in touch with the midwife regarding everything in this pregnancy. So he guessed that the due date is near which makes them move around a  lot.

Anamika was leaning on his shoulder with closed eyes when Pratap suddenly said,"Anamika, Right now I'm giving you a blank promise which you can use any time for anything you want". Anamika opened her eyes and moved away to look at him fully. She reprimanded him saying,"Pratap! This is not good for you as a responsible Yuvraj. You should not simply give out such blank promises carelessly. You should have known by now that these kind of promises can even bring down an entire kingdom". Her voice was stern indicating how disappointed she is with his carelessness.

Yuvraj replied,"Anamika, I know that it is irresponsible but if it is thoroughly thought through and analyzed then it is not carelessness. I have taken this decision after thinking a lot. And to whom am I giving the promise to? It's you,my wife,the Future Queen and above all the mother of my children. So I don't need to worry about its misuse for which you are taking so much stress. I will give the written document tomorrow"

Anamika shook her head at his words and asked him,"Now tell me the reason behind such a decision?". Yuvraj looked at her keenly indecisive about the matter which happened today.

Flashback

When Yuvraj was waiting outside the bedroom so as not to disturb Anamika's afternoon nap, a maid came to him with a scroll and left after dismissed by him. Yuvraj frowned after reading the letter and kept it aside. He thought for sometime and then called the maid back. Yuvraj didn't have his fresh scrolls in Anamika's chamber so he cannot write a reply back.

He said, "I will give you the reply for this invitation which you should rely to them. Understand?". The maid replied in positive and he continued, "As the Yuvraj of the kingdom, I appreciate the invitation for dinner from the guests. But due to the circumstances which includes the birth of future heir, I couldn't accept the invitation. Moreover it is not appropriate for me to attend the dinner without the presence of my wife, where a young unmarried maiden is present. So you don't have to wait for me and proceed with your dinner".

The maid bowed and went away to send the message. Yuvraj is not a fool to be blind towards his mother's intentions afterall she had been pestering him for a second marriage since a long time. And who would be the candidate if not her friend's daughter with whom she tries to make him spend time.

Flashback end

Anamika shook him lightly to bring him out of his thoughts. Yuvraj looked at her and said, " The reason is that I'm afraid there will be a situation where either I may do some mistake or I may not be there. So it's better to do some precautions rather than regretting later. And my wife can handle any kind of situation and can even save me from committing blunders". Anamika had a bad feeling about this, so she immediately hugged him and sent a silent prayer to God to avoid any bad things from happening.

The next day everyone followed their regular routine except Meenavathi and Saudamini who got a negative reply from Yuvraj, the previous day. That too the reply sent back through a maid, made it more insulting for the mother and daughter. As Ranisa was also busy in serving Rajmatha (Mother of the king), they couldn't even go to her or discuss further plans.

Their original plan was to mix the sleeping medicinal  paste used by Ranasa, into Yuvraj's food as their belongings were thoroughly checked before entering the palace.  And get him into deep sleep, later in the morning make it look like Saudamini and Yuvraj were together in the same room. Since Meenavathi knew that neither Ranasa nor Anamika would believe yuvraj doing such a thing, she will simply say that Saudamini was taking care of unconscious yuvraj. Later they will say that nobody is willing to marry Saudamini due to her ruined reputation.  This will be enough to get them both married.

The suspicions around them regarding Anamika's mishap and Ranisa's poisoning along with the decreasing time duration for the delivery of the heir made them desperate to do anything without thinking of consequences. Thats why they directly went to Anamika's chamber to meet her. Anamika was sitting outside their bedroom for Yuvraj to finish his bath.

Thats when Meenavathi and Saudamini came to visit her and she allowed them inside. After asking about her health conditions, Meenavathi said, "Bahuranisa, since we will be leaving the kingdom in a few days,we wanted to treat you both with a fine dinner. But your food is monitored with utmost importance so we cannot take risk and also you shouldn't take stress to move around a lot. So we thought it would be better if atleast yuvraj could preside over the dinner arranged by us".

Anamika looked at her with a cold face, and then stood up slowly which made the other two to stand as well. What followed was a sound!

THUD!!

A hard slap landed on Meenavathi's face which made both mother and daughter freeze in shock. What did they expect from the wife who came to know about their plans to trap her husband. The kitchen maid whom Meenavathi asked to mix the paste in Yuvraj's food, informed Kamala who inturn told Anamika of the same. "Its only because you are Ranisa's friend that i have left you here", Anamika said in a bold voice which made them shiver. The real reason why she let them stay was to finish them once and for all.  She then turned to Saudamini and said, " Don't think I dont know about your activities.  I didnt stop you because MY Pratap was enough to do that.  But when you cross your boundaries then I will make you remember it again. It would be better if you grow a brain for yourself and leave your mother's side."

Anamika let them play their game to test Pratap but if they resort to cheap play, then she will play worst. This was a warning to them both. Soon the chamber was cleared of these two creatures and Anamika tried to calm herself down. Suddenly she felt familiar hands on her waist, Yuvraj hugged her from behind while his hair is still wet from the bath. Anamika thought he will try to calm her down but what he said next made her eyes bulge out of their sockets.

"You looked so hot".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Sorry for being late.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.