CHAPTER 106. Unplanned Appearance

Dune: Author, I've been looking through the comments, and you've been getting kind of frisky-

Shhh! I don't know what you're talking about!

Dune: sure, sure, keep telling yourself that.

It was terrifying, sitting across from Clair, feeling her cold gray eyes watch my every move without blinking.

I pushed my tongue into my cheek and took a small intake of breath. "How's the coffee?" I blurted and fumbled with my own cup.

Clair regarded me. "Perfectly acceptable,"

Aaaand silence between us.

She seemed comfortable, but I was just hella confused and worried. I knew all nine of my lovers were watching me, and I had Lucifer in my head-

Hell, I even had Oliver if everything turned to shit. "Raven, how did you get my number?" Clair asked suddenly, gazing at me steadily.

Cold sweat made me feel ill. "I got it from Cyprus a while ago," I lied and glanced away. "I hope you don't mind?"

Clair shook her head and took a delicate sip of her drink. "No, I was only curious. Tell me this, what are you going to do now? With your little group?"

I flinched and looked down at the table. "I'm not sure, I don't have anywhere - well, I could go to Cyprus's-"

"Must you always be so dense?" Clair interrupted coldly. "You can come with me,"

I froze and swallowed. "O-oh, w-well-" I stopped short as Clair boldly grabbed my hand and stroked her fingers into my skin.

"Raven, are you angry about our kiss?"

I gazed at her hand touching mine, eyes wide. I wanted to pull my hand back so badly, and this caused my fingers to tremble in her hold.

"I-it really surprised me," I said honestly, advertising my gaze to the table as she slowly let go of my hand. "It was... sudden, and I was nervous about everyone being mad at me, so I was harsh," I shifted and slowly met her eyes.

Lucifer, oh my god!

"You're doing fine, as far as I can see, she's eating from the palm of your hand," he said calmly and I heard him sigh in a bored tone. "Hurry it up, say you want to go home with her, the sooner this is over, the sooner I get my body."

Your body? "Clair... I, if it's okay, I will go with you..."

Clair studied me for a moment. "Very well, sit here and I'll get the bill," she stood and paused as she was about to pass me, brushing her fingers along the red collar on my throat. "We'll get rid of that sooner rather an later,"

"Yes, I found out how to get my body back, but you may not like it much," Lucifer spoke in a sing song voice as I touched Aaron's gift protectivly as it rested on my throat.

Just tell me, I might as well know, I thought to him and watched Clair go up to the front counter.

"Those demons I killed for you, I absorbed their essence, which has made it clear to me by taking others strength and life I can once more get the power to regain my body." Lucifer said calmly.

I frowned. You're not going to hurt real people are you?

"Raven darling, if I did I would already have my body back, I'm waiting,"

I nodded, relieved. I let out a long breath as Clair waved me over, looking impatient. I quickly jumped to my feet and followed her as she stepped outside the shop without another word. "Clair, where do you live?" I asked timidly as I found myself standing in front of her vehicle.