Gossiping

After the wedding, the capital was in chaos. The nobles and officials spent the week after the wedding trying to get themselves out of the schemes they took part in. Some were already in too deep and could only be more careful. 

The week after the wedding the empress's mother, the Right Prime Minister took back her position like nothing happened. This movement enraged the emperor but he couldn't do anything about it.

While everybody was scrambling and scared for their lives the empress was pretty relaxed. During the week he cooked and spoiled the children and even promoted somebody. Of course, he did so to piss off Noble Lady Shu when she came back.

Currently, in the empress' courtyard, you could hear a wave of laughter every now and then. Since it was the end of spring, the sky was clear, the birds were chirping, and it was pretty nice outside. Seeing this good weather the empress decided to have a picnic with his best friends so that they should catch up. This was a happy event so why did the maids look terrified?

There were about twenty young maids in the courtyard and only five of them looked happy and normal while the others were all pale. The five maids that looked normal were the ones that served the best friend since long ago and were used to them, but the ones that were new here couldn't believe the things they were hearing. Were these really the masters they knew? How could they talk about such things? The maids shuddered at the thought of them getting caught by the emperor.

"You can't lie, the man was handsome." Princess Chyou Ai said in a matter of factly tone.

"I also confess that I'm guilty of gawking at the man's face more than once." The empress said dramatically as he sighed.

"Just the face?" Li Dani teased as he raised an eyebrow.

"Shameless!" Yun Shi exclaimed, looking at her best friends in disgust.

"We are shameless? You did 'it' with the man!" The three best friends retorted back at her with a  'You dare judge us' face.

"Are you trying to get me killed? I made the emperor wear a green hat and you screaming about it?" Yun Shi hissed at them as she looked around to see if anyone was there

"Technically you didn't make him wear a green hat, you just entered the palace without being a virgin and lied to the emperor about it." Grand Princess Chyou Ai explained righteously.

"I mean he deserves it. You should've made him wear a grassland! He knew well that you were the empress's best friend but he still brought you into his harem and dishonored you by giving you a low rank. You are the Di daughter of the Miniter Of Crimes' mansion you could have- No you should have entered the palace with the rank of Consort but he purposely ranked you lower just because of his dislike towards Quiao'er. Just wait till your father comes back from the front line, that idiotic emperor will receive hell." Li Dani said, the disgust in his voice unhidden.

'Plop', two maids directly fell on their knees unable to stand up after hearing such words from their head maid, one even pissed on herself as she tremble on the floor. The empress tried her best not to laugh, she didn't want to embarrass the little maid that was just fifteen, so she sent away her to clean herself up.

"So what happened to the man?" The empress asked, clearly still interested in the gossip.

"He's married now." Yun Shi said with no fluctuation in tone whatsoever.

"Hey, we know the man is handsome and all but we never knew his name or where came from, so you have to tell us." Li Dani said as he leaned against Yun Shi.

"He's Wang Qingzhao, from the Wang family." Yun Shi told them calmly.

"What?! So you're the fling of the decade?!" Both Li Dani and the Empress asked in unison, the surprise in their eyes was evident. One of the maids directly passed out hearing this.