016

Lectures couldn't get anymore boring than this. And you're exhausted. All of a sudden, class has become a battle field- a fight between falling asleep and staying awake.

Then came that dreaded moment. The fact that you fell asleep didn't hit you until a sharp smack resonates the air. It doesn't stir you awake the first time. Only when it sounds the fourth time do you wake up with a flinch, coming face to face with your teacher.

"Falling asleep in my class, Miss Kim?" He utters In a calm tone. Sir Chan crosses his arms across his chest, stick poking out from between.

Sir Chan graduated at a very young age. If he was clad in a student uniform, many would mistake him to be a student.

The stick over there. You bet that's what he used to wake you up.

Faint whispers arise from their hiding spots. But they're not exactly murmuring about you getting detention. Rather, they're conversation circles around the young teacher.

"I-I'm. Sorry."

He hums, facing the class. "Need I remind all of you that falling asleep during my time will not be tolerated." He glides to the front, gently places the stick on the desk and gives them you a sharp look. "Detention after class, Miss Kim."

Great.

You grab a handful of your hair and tug, feeling a migraine sprouting. Jungkook's hand pokes from below, a folded paper pinched between his fingers.

As expected, his hand writing's perfect.

'Are you okay?'

It read. Scribbling your answer, you pat the side of his shoulder and give it back to him.

Jungkook turns his head slightly- not to the point where he's really facing you, but enough for him to catch a glimpse of you.

You watch as he carefully mouths the words. "You wanna go home?"

You shake your head. Compared to home, sitting in detention doesn't sound so bad.

It doesn't take long before class comes to an end. Jungkook grabs his things and stands in front of you desk.

"You sure you don't want me to wait for you?"

"I mean unless you can land yourself detention, I don't see why not?" A cheeky grin contours your face. He's not the slightest bit amused. If anything, he looks offended. The air between you abruptly becomes heavy, coaxing you to break the stare and clear your throat. "You should probably get going. Don't want to get yelled at by your coach for missing practice."

"I'll pick you up later." He leaves before you can say anything. Poking the inside of your cheek, you grab your bag and begin walking down the hall. Most of the students proceed towards one direction- the exit. Laughters, groans and neutralism surround them.

After a minute, you reach your destination. Mr Chan and a handful of students occupy the area. One can be seen struggling to answer a question while that one over there could care less that he's in detention.

There's a girl all fast asleep beside the window and another guy pretending to read when I'm reality, he's playing games on his phone.

The young teacher's on his chair, bright screen of his laptop reflected towards the surface of his glasses sitting elegantly on the bridge of his nose.

You take a seat, just as the door swing open. Eyes wide, Iseul slams a book in an attempt to cover her face.

You raise a single eyebrow and watch her take the seat behind you. You won't question that weird behavior and instead focus on getting your homework done.

Something hits your head, and it lands on the ground with a thud.

"Mr. Park." Calmly utters the young teacher without breaking focus.

"Yes, teach?"

"I'd make good use of this time if I were you."

"You got it teach."

A quick glance at his name tag reveals that that boy goes by the name of Jimin. A rigid jaw line, blond hair and full lips. He threw that pencil at you.

Jerk.

As that thought crosses your mind, a book flies across the room and hits Jimin right in the face.

"What the heck!" Flaring, Jimin looks around and makes eyes contact with someone. He gets up on his feet and dangerously approaches the desk behind you. "What the hell did you do that for!?"

"Mr. Park."

"Should have thought twice before throwing things recklessly then uh?" Iseul's unbothered the someone twice her size's confronting her.

"Mr. Park go back to your seat."

"Why I outt-"

"Park.Jimin." Hands slam loudly against the desk, causing you to flinch. Iseul remains unfazed and her gaze sits sharp with the boy towering over her.

Jimin's flaring, fisted hands trembling in agitation. He wants to punch.

He wants to punch her.

"You're lucky we're at school." With those grinded words uttered, he reluctantly goes back to his seat. Mr Chan exhales and loosens his tie, fingers abandoning the keyboards.

It's obvious that this is exhausting him too.

An Hour Later

Iseul hasn't left your side ever since you walked out of the building. She's just beside you, silently following.

Until you break the eyes. "Not going home yet?"

"My brother will pick me up later." You're currently sitting under a bus stand, waiting for your ride.

"What time is he picking you up?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know."

"Can't you call him?"

"No." She swings her feet back and forth, staring at the sky. "He's probably busy."

You're inclined to check the time on your phone. "I don't think he is. His practice should have ended twenty ago."

"Oh I'm not talking about the soccer thing. He's busy doing....other things."

"Other things like wha-"

"Hey do you like guns?" Her eyes seem to sparkle at the sudden question.

"I'm not a fan of them but I don't necessarily dislike them..?"

Like a child, she excitedly claps her hands with a bunny like smile. "Oh great. Then when my brothe-"

A honk cuts her words short as a shiny black BMW stops in front. Window's roll down to reveal the oh familiar face.

"Did you wait long?"

Iseul shakes her head, grabbing her bag. She attempts to take your hand.

None of them expected you to flinch at the action. Realizing what you did, you hide the act by pretending to fix your hair.

"I-I... my hair was messy." An awkward chuckle leaves your lips. "Oh would you look at the time. You should get going."

Iseul looks at her brother and then back at you. There's this look on her face you've seen way too many times.

Pity.

And you hate it.

"You should come with us."

You shake your head, forcing a smile. "You should go."

After a moment of silence, Iseul turns away and slides inside the car. And that frown refuse leave her face even as they drive away.