6

He was confined in a hospital, fighting for his life.

It rained so much after that.

Many places in the city had flooded.

Life went on either way. That kid. He went from being a nobody to being what everyone talks about.

"He did that for attention."

"No one likes him anyway."

"I heard he could see dead people."

"He sits at the back and talks to himself like a weirdo."

Many rumors rose but none of them were close to the truth.

A tap on my shoulder brings me back to reality. Feline-like eyes enter my vision. He takes the seat in front , raising a questioning eyebrow.

"You're thinking about him again aren't you?"

"Of course, not."

"Deny it all you want, Y/n. But you know better than to hide it from me. I can read you like an open book." He flicks his dark hair back.

I stare at my desk, forming my lips into a thin line. Tears well the corner of my eyes, and I slowly lift my head up.

Startled, Yoongi looks around frantically before hissing at me. "Don't do that. Someone might thing I bullied you or something."

"I saw someone dieee-" I pause to sniff my nose. "I can't sleep at night because every time I close my eyes, I can see themmm."

Yoongi stops and looks at me. "Are you seriously crying over that horror movie we watched last night?"

I shamefully nod my head.

"Oh for the love of god." He grabs his bag and walks away.

"W-where are you going?"

"Away from you obviously. Don't want your stupidness rubbing off me." Snickers the latter as he exits the classroom.

The second he's gone, I wipe my tears away and fix my face, laying my head side ways so I face the window.

The sky's raining, and the sun's almost nonexistent. Condensation inhabit the glass seals like a second skin.

It's been a week since I've last seen his face. Seven days since that tragedy. For one hundred seventy five hours, I've been in a loop of contemplation.

Should I visit him?

Would he allow me to visit him?

These thoughts, they're pricking my chest.

They're draining me.

Scaring me.

I don't know why I miss him.

Present

"Oh for the love of god, Luna. Just open the freaking door. It's not like I haven't seen you naked already."

The door swings open, revealing a weak excuse of a human.

"What happened to you? You look like you haven't slept for days."

"It's because I haven't."

"We don't have to go out today if you're not feeling well."

She shakes her head, grabbing her backpack. "No. Going outside is exactly what I need right now to freshen up my mind. I've been stuck in this room way too long and I need some sugar in my system."

"Let me guess. Your mom took away your sugar privileges again?"

Her nose scrunches. "I swear she still thinks I'm some five year old kid."

An amused smile tickles the side of my lips. I can't blame her mom. Luna can be such a baby sometimes.

Ten minutes goes by and a cafe comes to view. Luna orders the first thing she sees and I follow right after.

We grab a table beside the window. "We should have invited Jimin over."

"He's busy."

"Is he really though?"

"He is."

A bell chimes, indicating a new customer. Luna's eyes perk up. "Speak of the devil. There he is... Who's the guy next to him though."

A shiver tingles down my spine.

Hesitantly, I glance behind and feel my souls leave my body.

"Should we call them over? There's still two empty seats here. Ji-"

My hands fly before I can process what I'm doing. Luna questions the hands cupping her mouth.

"That's him." I whisper shriek, terror In my eyes. I look constipated rather than terrified though. "It's him. So please, be quiet."

I feel her lips fall and I take my hands away. In a whispered tone, she terrifyingly utters. "That's him?"

I nod my head, face contorted with frustration.

Luna fumbles through the things in her bag, pulling out her shades and pushing them to you. "Wear that quickly."

"It's no use. Jimin might still recognize me."

"Out of all the cafe we could have gone to, why here?" She whisper shrieks panic, biting her bottom lip. "Then what are you waiting for? Hide in the kitchen. Or go to the bathroom. You can't let him see you."

Obviously.

I've tolerated enough from him in the past.

"Holy crap they're done ordering. Go away. Go away. Shoo. Shoo." I quickly get out of my seat, finding temporary refuge inside the restroom.

But I can't stay too long. I have to get out of here some way or another.

A text rings my phone and it's from Luna saying she'll signal once she distracts them.

For the mean time, I nervously stay quiet in the stall. Thank goodness this cafe has two restrooms.

I keep checking my phone, tapping my foot on the ground.

I feel like melting.

After waiting for so long, Luna finally signals me through a text. I don't waste much time and open the door.

But what awaits me outside the girl's restroom causes the back of my hair to stand.

Taehyung's leaning over there, eyes strained on me with Luna's phone between his fingers.

"Now can we talk?"