chapter 47

Chapter 47: Blood Mage

I'm back again my faithful. I had finished the last chapter and as soon as I posted it I was hit with the urge to start on this one right then and there. I hope you enjoy this chapter because this one was my favorite so far to write.
I

do not own any part of Harry Potter.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Talk"
'Think'
"Parseltongue"
"Nightshade"
Chapter 47 – Blood Mage
Harrison stood bare inside of the candlelit chamber the RoR had created for him. He had read the whole book at this point, he had memorized what he needed for this next step, but I couldn't make himself do it. The way the book wanted him to progress was different from what his magic wanted to do. Harry glanced once more at the material he had ready for the ritual and banished all but his knife and glass bowl back to his pouch. He was going to follow his magic.
He took a deep breath and knelt within the circle that was carved into the stone floor. Blood magic was without limits, that was what made it so dangerous. The magic a practitioner called on could be greater than what they could handle and kill them, but not Harry. He could feel his magic, the fire and ice in his veins, calling for something. He was so close, he could feel it but he didn't know what his magic, his very soul, was calling for. He cut deep into his palm, letting it fill the small bowl as an offering. He healed the cut and staring falling into his core.
He sank deeper into his heart, his magic wrapping around him wild and untamed. The pressure of controlling it released. His deep breathing carried him deeper and deeper into his core. His grove formed around him and he was pulled to a new addition to his scape. A silver fountain sat in the middle of the grove with waters darker than a starless night sky. He looked into the water and a peace so profound overcame him. Darkness surrounded him both in his heart and in the chamber. All there was the water and him.

Without warning his magic roared to life, fire and ice swirling around him, in him, through him. It coiled around his limbs, around his heart, through his body. It burned. Agony ripped through him, yet no scream let his lips. He just continued to watch the water, the water that was getting closer. It was a passing thought that the water was closer before he was submerged in it. He sank deeper and deeper, his magic pulling him down into impossible depts. Harry didn't struggle.

He didn't know how long he was pulled but all at once his magic stopped everything. The ripping agony, the pull to be deeper. All motion and sensations stopped. It was like the world froze, holding its breath.
A featherlight touch had Harry opening his eyes, never knowing he even had closed them. He felt his breath leave his body at the sight before him. His mother, Lily, stood in a long dress of the purest of whites. Her flaming hair was loose around her shoulders and her eyes were soft as she stroked his cheek.
"Hello my Harrison." Her voice was a bare whisper. "You have come so far. Your father and I are so proud of you my love. I know you don't understand what is happening. You have so many pieces of the puzzle, yet key pieces are still missing. It will make sense in time. Just continue on the path you walk and it will become clear."
"I should be doing a ritual to become a Blood Mage right now Mother." Harry told her, voice just as soft.
Lily smiled gently at him, hand sliding down to hold the back of his neck. "I know my love. That is why I am here. I may never have practiced anything beyond the basics, but I did learn everything I could on the subject. I never initiated but I am the one who has been given the honor to be with you through your journey." She let her hand drop. "You know what you need to do now love. Complete the ritual."
Harry felt his magic calmly settle back into his body, docile and content. He reached for his knife around his neck, eyes locked to his mother. "Blood of my blood guide me and guard me. Mother Magic wrap me in your arms. Lady Fate, walk beside me. Lady Luck, place a kiss upon my brow for the future to come. Lord Death carry the souls I send to thee. Blood of my blood," Harry slit the palm of his left hand. Lily held out her hand, palm already slit and blood pooling. Harry clasped their hands. "keep me grounded when I am tempted to stray. So I will it, so it will be."
Harry shot up from his position on the chamber floor. He sucked in breath after breath. He lungs screamed in pain for being deprived. He glanced down at his hand to see a white scar at the base of his thumb. As he looked closer he saw that it was a perfectly white lily smaller than his pinky nail.
A disbelieving laugh passed his lips. He had thought his guide had to be a living being. He thought he would have to choose someone alive and who he trusted to be his guide and anchor. That was what he was worried about when he came to do the Blood Mage ritual, but Mother Magic had yet again given him a gift, his mother, his dead mother was his guide and anchor.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Harry sat waiting for DADA to start. His eyes were drawn again and again to the lily adoring his skin. Through out the day he had felt a hand run through his hair or a woman hug him for behind at lunch. Luna had looked at him every time with a secretive smile.
The rest of the Pack were starting to ask questions but for the moment he was content. He had so much still to do and plan, but it could all wait for that evening.