🥀

Sitting in the empty hallway of the hospital with a window a little away from her was flapping furiously as the harsh rain dropped on the ground she was trying to stop the tears that was falling from her eyes as she looked at the closed door of an ICU room...

She was sitting there not knowing what to do at the that  moment the people standing just in front of her were mere neighbors to her because she never tried to interact with the elders because of her introvert nature....

Closing her eyes she remembered how the night of her eighteenth birthday turned into a horrific nightmare for her...

"Babaaa...." She shouted not remembering when and why her father fell limp on the ground just after placing the cake on the table for her...

She tried to wake him by patting her arm but nothing worked she was scared to lose someone precious to her...

Not knowing what to do Asmara Jahangir ran out of the house in a thundering rain bare foot to seek help from the next door neighbors...

Tapping the door furiously at 11 Pm of night....she told them in between her hiccups about what the horror she had faced at that moment....

And here they were sitting in between the white walls of the place where people never wanted to be but alas their compulses bring them here...

She finally wiped her tears covering her face with her hands sighing loudly she was tired... tired of crying because nobody was there to comfort her...

She jolted up from her place finding the door of ICU being opened as she rushed towards the doctor who was taking to her neighbor briefing him about her father's condition...

"Abbu thek hain na Uncle..."she uttered in her innocent voice after looking at the door walking a was away...

"Ji apka abbu thek hain beta abhi unha room main shift kar dain ga aj raat observation ka liya hospital main rakhain ga subha discharge kar dain ga..."he said patting her head trying to ease her pain...he was the person who was not good with his words but was aware that the little girl in front of him was pampered to extent that she won't be able to bear his cold voice....

"Burhan ka sath ghar chali jao raat bohat ho gai hai..."he said motioning his nephew who was standing a little far away while she furiously moved her declining him...

"Nahi..nahi...main abbu ko kiasa chodh ka ja sakti hun...wo akela ho jae ga..."she talked in her baby voice like always while her big eyes filled tears stared at him...

"Hum hain yahan tumhara baba ka khayal rakhain ga ghar jao subha jaldi ajana..."he said with a pointed look which only means there was no argument after this...

She meekly nodded following Burhan who smile lightly trying to cheer her up...

"Khana khaya tha..."Burhan asked her as he drive towards his home looking at her who nodded lightly...