Chapter 68

I missed Xalorad.

After turning here and there for a whole hour, I tore the clothes away from my body, locked the door and turned the air conditioning to the lowest setting before getting back under the sheets. The hair over my skin rose as I laid on the bed and closed my eyes. It was cold but I was burning.

When was he going to return? Was he ever even going to return?

It worried and frustrated me at the same time. I knew he had matters to deal with his own father but he could have taken me along with him and I wouldn't have to feel so helpless and aroused all the time.

I was tired and when I drifted away, I felt his hand grazing across the sheets before slipping in and meeting with my naked skin. His strong presence was here, close to where I felt his warm breath dangling over my neck and his lips inching closer. I shifted over the bed, taking in his scent and finding some relief.

I didn't dare to open my eyes in fear to slip away from my dreams. It wasn't the first time I had gotten them. These wet dreams were the only things that kept me sane and made me go through the day.

My stomach twisted when he grasped onto my ankle and pulled me away from the pillows resting underneath my forehead. I found my legs parting while he set himself between them and called out my name.

"Marissa," His deep, rich voice comforted my racing my nerves. His finger skimmed across my cheeks. He was close but clothed. Why was he clothed? "What are you doing here? Didn't I warn you to not leave town or did that simply flew away from your mind?"

My body prickled. I wrapped my legs around his torso, trapping him before he wandered away. "It flew away from my mind," I replied, releasing heavy breaths. "I think I need to be punished..." I whispered, tracings my finger nails across his arms, where I felt his muscles tighten.

"Yes, you do."

I grew more dizzier, as if I was intoxicated but I wasn't. I only had a little to drink. And this wasn't a dream.

"Look at me." Xalorad said.

I slowly stripped open my eyes and saw him. A sudden gasp escaped my mouth and I jumped a little back. It wasn't a dream. "You're back!" I exclaimed in joy and a hint of dread.

He frowned, "Not where I'm supposed to be exactly but I'm here. If you're conscious enough, would care to explain what are you doing here when I strictly prohibited you from going anywhere alone, especially another town?"

I ignored his questions, all together and spring in to meet his mouth. His hair collected in my hands as I kissed him. I could feel his anger but it disappeared soon when he kissed me back, ignoring his own questions.

His mouth consumed mine, our tongues met, our bodies collided. He pulled me over his lap while his arm tightened around my waist and the other one resting behind my neck. A beautiful ache rose deep inside my chest. It stayed there for a second until Xalorad bit down on my lip, forcing me jump back.

I furrowed my brows together and rubbed my stinging lip while he looked at me with amusement. "We were talking, weren't we?"

My mind fought against any conversation. I didn't want to talk. I just wanted to feel him, I just wanted him to take away the throb between my legs, I wanted to feel his shaft filling up my core and maybe, maybe just then we could have a conversation.

I shrugged and zipped my mouth shut before laying back down.

"Oh, don't show me this attitude," He said, holding my thighs hard. "It's just going to make me more mad."

I looked away from him and turned my eyes somewhere else. I had the right to show attitude after all the nights of sleeping alone. It was only after a night of marking me that Xalorad left and disappeared. He made no communication for days. It not only saddened me but also my wolf.

"Marissa," His hand came down, holding my face and turning it around so I could look at him. I still didn't. "Do you want me to leave?" He asked, raising a brow.

As he moved a little, I grabbed his arm and pulled him back before he left. "No."

"I thought so," A mischievous smile appeared on his mouth and he got back on the bed. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone. But it's over now and I promise, I'll never go anywhere long without you." He gave me his word.

I took it.

"Why didn't you call me?" I asked, softly, discarding my anger and attitude.

"We don't really have cellular connection in hell, Marissa." He rolled his eyes. "But I did get you something." His hands loosened around me before he pulled out a play collar made out of leather.

I gave out a surprised reaction before hooking my fingers around the collar. "A collar. You're going to leash so I don't run anywhere?" My stomach sank at the thought. This was something I never even thought of.

"No, I'm just going to leash you. I trust you in not running anytime soon." He gave me a wicked grin.

I sat up straight and picked up hair from my neck. It was only a second after Xalorad tightened the collar around my neck and buckled it up. It restrained my throat a little, bought a some discomfort but breathing wasn't difficult at all. He held the end of the ring that dangled from the collar and gave it a small tug before placing his hand on the side of my face.

"Doesn't it looks perfect?"

I looked up, my eyes straining, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Anticipation swelled inside me as he came down and placed a quick kiss over my mouth while keeping his grip tight on the ring.

As his lips moved, I inched forward and begged, "More, please."

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr