The Meeting

After they had temporarily moved their base to Twice's apartment, things have quieted down the past few days.

Dabi was off somewhere after zipping up a jacket and pulling a face mask over his mouth. Mr. Compress followed after him to meet up with Giran to find a replacement for his arm with Magne accompanying him.

Shigaraki left soon after them, he said something about a business deal before exiting out the door. Twice, Toga and Spinner were all distracted while watching a romance movie on the television.

And since everyone was busy, he had nothing to do. Midori caught the eye of Kurogiri who was wrapping up prepared sandwiches in the kitchen area. He walked over to the kitchen while Twice yelled out behind him, "No, Shimi! He doesn't deserve you!"

"She deserves the second guy. This one made too many mistakes," Toga commented while Spinner hummed at her words.

Midori leaned forward over the kitchen island, "Kurogiri, what's the limit to your teleport again? Does it need to be a place you have already been?"

Kurogiri slowed his wrapping and slowly looked up at him, "The limit is that I need to know the exact location where I am supposed to open the portal."

"If I give you an exact location, can you open a portal for me? I want to visit someone," Midori kept his voice low as he heard the mumbles of the movie behind him.

"I can if I must," Kurogiri answered. "Who are you visiting?"

"Someone close to Giran," Midori replied easily. He leaned back on the heels of his feet. "I just wanted to go talk with them for an hour or two since there isn't anything to do today. And since it's a long trip there, I wanted to ask you."

"I can help in that regard. As long as you have an exact location, I will make a portal in the same location after a few hours for you," Kurogiri replied. "However, if we need you, I will come and collect you right away."

"Understood."

Midori thanked him before rattling off the closest destination close to Kubo's place. He would have to walk just a bit down the street to reach Kubo.

With the location given, Kurogiri opened up a small warp gate next to the kitchen counter, the swirling purple contrasting the eggshell color of Twice's walls. With a nod to Kurogiri, he jumped through the warp gate.

All he could hear was whooshing, silence, then a loud clanking sound ringing in his ears. Midori found himself in the middle of the gravel road with Kubo's junkyard close by. He started running towards the sound until he ran through the chain link fence to get inside the junkyard. He kept going until he stopped right outside Kubo:s open garage door with the older man looking up just in time to find the young teen staring back at him with their chest heaving with every breath.

"Hey. Izuku, when'd you get here?" Kubo greeted loudly, stepping back from under the car's hood to take a better look at him. Midori looked at the older man's greasy gloved and stained apron before rushing forward to grab Kubo into a tight hug. "Missed me that much, eh? Or are you just buttering me up to fix up a car?"

Midori snorted, "I didn't realize how much I would miss your ugly mug until I was gone."

"Ah, you sap," Kubo said, rubbing the clean part of his gloves into Midori's curls. Izuku struggled under the affection while Kubo laughed at him. He didn't day anything of importance as they held onto each other, not really letting go. Kubo rambled off to him about the new rookie driver heading onto his new race and how he got a new customer that handles more heavy grade materials.

Midori listened to him until they finally pulled away since Izuku didn't want to distract him from more of his work.

"So are you getting along well with them?" Kubo asked as he started to rummage around under the hood. "The league, I mean. They ain't giving you any trouble, right?"