She knows

It was supposed to be a beautiful evening.

Most of the family had all piled into the car, ready to go for a late night drive for pizza.

But then, everything went down hill fast.

The world shattered around her like glass does when it hits the floor. The light had been clawed away from her.

All that was left were the screams of pain, screams of love, the screams of silence; it was all screams.

Her life flashed before her eyes, the hope she once held swimming deeply within, had drowned in the pool of misery and despair.

Nature was a thing she once adored, a thing that brought her joy to experience and adventure.

But now, nature had been what tore her away from the family she loved.

Andrea placed a plate of risotto in front of me. I gave him a small 'thank you' and dug in.

"What are you writing?" He asked as he pointed towards my open book.

"Nothing, it's not important." I replied, closing the book with my spare hand.

"Okay then." He mumbled, looking for something to use as a conversation starter.

"Where are the others?" I asked when I glanced around the room.

The last time I saw anyone besides Andrea and Theo was just after the FBI left and they all practically ran inside.

"Working." He replied with a smile, eating his own plate of beautiful flavoured risotto.

"It's seven o'clock on a Saturday." I said, a deadpan expression set on my face.

"There's always work to do in our business." He shrugged, lifting another fork full of food to his mouth.

"And what business is that?" I quirked.

I watched as he choked slightly on his food, before taking a drink of water, glancing at me cautiously the entire time.

"You know..." his tone was unsure and wavering.

"No, I don't know. That's why I asked."

"Companies, clubs, restaurants, hotels, that kind of stuff." He's being careful of his words.

I can practically see the sweat glistening his tanned forehead from here.

Ew

"Why are you so nervous?" I stared him down, my eyes never moving from his sweating fjgure.

Activate Dr Bailey stare down.

"Oh! Look you're done! I'll take your plate!" He says in a fake cheerful tone as he started grabbing my half eaten plate of risotto.

I slapped his hand harshly and started eating again. Still glaring at him might I add.

"Stop looking at me like that! If you want to know, ask Gio or Vito!" He said before he rushed out of the kitchen.

What the hell could be so bad?

To be fair, I'm not stupid. I know there's going to be some illegal business with what they do.

And family is what she prioritised above all.

Family is what she valued more than money

More than life

She would do anything for her family, whatever it took.

I finished my risotto, and took my plate to the dishwasher.

Deciding I may as well stay in here, I got a glass out of the cupboard and poured myself a whiskey.

It's been a very long day

I took my MacBook out of my bag and logged on.

I started writing some code, which I used to hack MI6.

I heard shouting down the hall, towards Vito's office. It grew louder and louder as I continued to type away.

But then I heard Rina's silencing shout 'LIVIANA CAN NOT KNOW!"

What can I not know?

I quietly stood up from my seat, and tip goes down the hall. I edged closer and closer to the door of Vito's office.

"She deserves to know!" I heard Leo yell.

"And how do you suggest we tell her about the Mafias?" Gio asked in a condescending tone.

Mafia!!!

I didn't waste a second, running down the hall and towards the kitchen.

I stuffed my book and MacBook in my bag, and ran.

G I O V A N N I

"This effects her life too! She needs to start training!" Theo shouted.

An hour ago, Andrea came in the office where we were discussing what to do about the FBI, and told us that Liviana was starting to ask questions.

So, since then, we have been debating on whether to tell her about the families businesses.

Leo, Vito and Theo want to tell her. But for Theo to tell her, she would have to know everything.

And I disagree, and since I am the Don, I get the final say.

Rina, Andrea, Luca and I agree that she's too young to know about it.

"She's too young!" Luca yelled.

To be fair, I don't think her age is what is putting Luca off telling Liviana. He's scared she'll run away again, that he'll lose her again.

It broke him the most last time.

"You were ten when you found out!" Leo yelled back.

Leo wants to tell her because he believes that when she finds out, it deserves to be from us and not the rumours that spread around the city.

"Dad, she needs to know. Especially what's going on lately." Vito reasoned.

Since Liviana and Theo returned home, we've been getting attacked by the Russians, and the FBI and CIA have been poking around non stop.

If she had the training, she could lie and pass a lie detector test. She could defend herself against enemies.

But that means we'd have to explain everything.

And I don't want to do that.

She's my little girl, and I don't want to run her off again.

Andrea was about to say something, but cut off by a ringing of Vito's phone.

"Sì?" He says as he answers the phone.

"CHE COSA! Fermala!" He screamed down to the other end of the phone.
WHAT! Stop her

He hung up, chest heaving up and down as he fought to catch his breath.

"Vito?" Rina whispered, trying to calm her bestfriend and oldest brother.

"Liviana heard us. She's ran away again." He muttered.