𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

[𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒]

"𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝐈 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍."

"You see him every day," Kristen reminded.

"I was just about to say that, but I can't talk because I miss Sean already."

Sean and Shannon had spent the night at my house since London was taking Sean as his plus-one to go see the Bulls play the Warriors and Shannon wanted to see him before he left.

I insisted that London should take Sean since I didn't need to miss any more school and it was something Sean would like.

It was three a.m when the boys woke up. Shannon and I set an alarm in case they decided to act funny and not say bye to us.

"But yeah, I miss London. I haven't seen him for a whole nine or ten hours."

  "It must be nice having a partner," Kristen sighed.

  "Kiki, you would have a partner, too if you let us set you up with someone."

  "I doubt that."

  "You have no faith in us," Shannon said, sounding hurt.

  "You're right, I don't, not after what happened the first time."

Okay, so Shannon and I did try to set Kristen up with someone behind her back once. It was during lunch that we did this. Our intentions were pure but the execution was horrible.

  "Yeah, but who would she date?" Shannon asked. "What boy in our grade is attractive besides Sean?"

  "And London," I reminded. "Kristen, do you have a type?"

  "Not exactly, no," Kristen replied.

  "Damn, this is going to be hard," I grumbled.

  During lunch, Shannon and I went around the cafeteria to sort out the guys that we thought would be good for Kristen.

  "What about Jake? He plays football."

  "Hell Nah, he likes white girls," I told Shannon.

  "For real?" she questioned in disbelief.

  "Yeah, one time I made a joke about him and Nia Zimmerman being together, he said he doesn't like girls of 'her race.'"

  "You're lying."

  "I'm dead-ass, bitch, I was so taken aback when I heard that."

  "Isn't he mixed, though?"

  I sucked my teeth. "Girl, his mom is white. That's why his sister's hair is on its last leg or should I say strand, all that damn heat she puts in it."

  Shannon laughed. "You wrong for that."

  We both laughed and then controlled ourselves.

  "What about Jackson?" I asked.

  "Which one?"

  "Harris."