Chapter Two: First Classes

Y/N and Draco sat in Transfiguration class, peacefully doing their work in silence when the doors swung right open.

"Made it!" Ron breathed out as he ran through the quiet classroom.

"Hardly." Y/N whispered, earning a light chuckle from Draco.

"Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron continued, having not heard the boy.

Just as soon as Ron finished his sentence, a gray cat leaped from McGonagall's table and onto the floor, transforming into the professor, leaving Ron and Harry's mouths open wide.

"That was blood brilliant!" Ron praised, finally shutting his mouth.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley." McGonagall replied sarcastically.

"Perhaps, it'd be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket-watch. That way, one of you might be on time."

"We got lost." Harry blurted, eyes wide in shock.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She said, shaking her head.

"Psst. Harry, over here." Y/N whispered, pointing to the two free seats in front of him.

Y/N had a wide grin on his face as Harry took a seat in front of him, Ron in front of Draco. Harry looked over his shoulder, checking what page they were supposed to be on but was shocked to see that Y/N had already answered everything, finishing his work before he and Ron had even arrived.

"How did you-"

"How did you two get lost?" Y/N cut him off, plopping his cheeks onto his hands, his elbows propped on the table.

"Moving stairs." Ron groaned, remembering the reason they were late.

Y/N hummed a response before turning his attention back to his page, doodling random maths equations to keep himself busy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class." The potions professor made his entrance, opening the doors quite loudly.

The students had already been sitting in the classroom for a while, with Y/N sitting in the middle of Harry and Hermione, Ron next to her.

"As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few..." Snape stopped mid-sentence, taking a look at the Malfoy's who both flashed him a small smile. 

"...who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

"Harry..." Y/N whispered, nudging him slightly.

Harry locked eyes with Snape, gulping slightly while slowly putting his quill away.

"Mr. Potter." Snape stated, making his way to the small boy.

"Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione's hand shot straight up with a gasp, clearly having read it from a book already. Harry looked at Hermione, raising his eyebrows before turning his head back to Snape, shaking his head 'no'.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" He asked once more, causing Hermione's hand to once again shoot up.