~CHAPTER 2~

"It hurts the most when
The person that made you feel
Special Yesterday makes feel
Unwanted today"
-unknown
__________________________
Song: Silence
Artist(s): Khalid, Marshmello

"It hurts the most whenThe person that made you feelSpecial Yesterday makes feelUnwanted today"-unknown__________________________Song: SilenceArtist(s): Khalid, Marshmello

Life is really trying to be funny. It always pushes me to do and go through things I don't want to.

Even if it doesn't see me laughing. Figuratively and literally.

I took a few deep breaths in and out. Mom had gone out to the register to talk to the man. I closed my eyes, then opened them and went outside the kitchen. There was my mom and a guy in front of her. He had an emotionless look on his face and a very intimidating aura.

I went towards Mom and looked at the man in front of me.

"You must be Ariana. Am I right?" He asked me. His voice a cold and emotionless.

"Yes," I said and hid behind Mom. What? I was shy and a tiny bit scared. Scratch that, I was terrified. I suddenly heard him chuckle.

Was not expecting that.

I peeked from Mom's back and saw his features had completely changed.

From intimidating and emotionless, to a soft face. My fears decreased a bit and I came out of my hiding place.

"Who might you be sir?" I asked kindly.

"Oh, how rude of me. I am Sebastian Kingston. Your mom's fiancé," He said and I nodded, hesitantly stretching my hand out for a formal handshake, the little bit of fear still not diminishing. He took it and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you," I said shyly. He smiled, shaking his head. Suddenly a guy entered the room. He looks very similar to Sebastian so he looks to be his son. He, too, has the same intimidating look and aura around him. I again went close to Mom.

"You must be Zoe. I am Weston," the man said to Mom. She nodded and smiled. He then turned and looked at me.

"Who is she, dad?" He asked.

"She is going to be your sister. Ariana," Sebastian said to Weston. He nodded then looked at his phone and started texting. Sebastian was talking to Mom. I just stood there awkwardly. I quietly went to the counter and sneakily packed a few cupcakes. I then went to Weston and tapped his shoulder nervously.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I gave him the box and he looked at it then gave me a soft smile before going back to an emotionless face. I looked at Mom and Sebastian only to see that they were looking at us. Mom with a fond smile while Sebastian with an emotionless face, but look into his eyes and you can see love and adoration.

They then exited the bakery, leaving Mom and me alone.