Chapter 66 - Reveal 2.0

[ This chapter is extremely important. It sets everything for Part 2 of this series. It's also one of the longest chapters I've written in a while, so stay tuned till the end! ]

Word Count : 3927 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Takeyama POV )

After a rather interesting outing with Nazuna-senpai, I finally unwound in my room, and turned on the heater.

I whipped out my mobile phone to check who had called me right at the beginning.

"An unknown number....." I muttered to myself.

Well, it cannot be unknown, really. You cannot call anyone outside this school using this phone anyways. So it has to be someone inside the campus. Automated telecom calls usually don't happen inside school, so it has to be someone who actually wanted to talk to me.

I sighed, and called back on the same number. After a few rings, a voice picked up.

"Hello?"

"I received a call from this number around 20 minutes back."

"Oh, Keisuke-kun. It's wonderful to finally hear from you," a voice laced with maturity and poise said.

"May I know who I am speaking to?"

"Oh, yes. My apologies. This is Chairman Sakayanagi."

What the fuc---

I unconsciously sat up straight on my bed even though it was a voice call and not a video call.

"Mr. Chairman? I'm so sorry for not being able to attend your call earlier. I was outside, you see."

"No worries, dear boy. No worries at all," he said amiably from the other end. "We're all busy. How are you spending your time in this school?"

"It's wonderful, Mr. Chairman. I'm quite surprised at the sheer luxury provided to us students. I would like to say that I'm living the life."

"That's good to know. Say, is there a possibility that we could have a little chat face-to-face, young man?" he inquired. "It is quite an important matter, after all."

"Definitely, sir. Anytime works for me."

"Wonderful. What better time to do work than now? Are you free right now, Keisuke-kun?"

I glanced at the clock. It read 3:10pm. The sun would set around an hour later or so.

"I'm free, sir."

"Splendid! Then how about we meet at my office? Please come at your earliest convenience. I'll be waiting."

"It won't be long, sensei. I'm honored to receive a chance to speak with the Chairman personally."

"Just like Ayanokoji-sensei says, you're exceedingly well-behaved....." the Chairman muttered, but I caught it on the other end.

So this has something to do with that, huh?

I ended the call after exchanging quick goodbyes.

I put over the coat that I had been wearing just 5 minutes back, and left my room again, heading towards the Administration Department. It was just a 2 minute walk from the school building.

I shouldn't keep the Chairman waiting. I quickened my pace.

________________________________________________________________________________