Chapter 38: The Amounting Pressure

Zolan Dessert, Laurian Administrative Region

In the tranquil desert of Lauria, dozens of foreign facilities are being organized and built, currently the newly activated 200th strategic missile battalion of Southeast Asian Defense Forces (SEADF) are setting up their equipments for the live fire exercises in the end of April.

They are formerly from units and equipment coming from the Myanmar, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand after they've been requisitioned by the council.

The equipments varied from MIM-23 Hawk, NASAMS, VL MICA, several transporter erector launcher (TEL) with missiles varied from AGM-84 Harpoon, Hwasong 5 & 6 and all of the scud variation, BP-611, and Starstreak.

There are at least 5 countries allowed to transfer their units in agreement on establishment of a unified southeast asian region, and it's expected to transfer more units and personnels in the near future. Also, the other remaining 5 countries and one observer state will be slowly integrated on the Federation once the reorganizations have finally put in effect.

"The ballistic missiles we used in Parpaldia is disappointing."

"It's not our fault, we aren't the builder or engineers of those missiles."

"Yeah agree."

"But it's still decent I guess?."

"For a newbie in making missiles? You're right, In my opinion."

The four ballistic missiles fired by ASEAN, 2 overshot with 1.4 and 3 kilometers margin of error, the third missile is 500 meters off the target, and last but not the least, the final one whom didn't explode nevertheless with a margin of error of 300 meters from the target. The damage they've caused is only dozens of Parpaldian dead and wounded, too little for an expensive weapon test.

"The margin of error is only ranging from 300 meters to 3 kilometers, it's not actually bad, but the accuracy is sucks, we can't expect any pinpoint accurate missile attacks from the reversed engineered ballistic missiles, unless we have nukes and the accuracy problem will be solved without a hitch."

Originally, they expected to have a 100 to 800 meter margin of error but two exceeds the estimation and failed to achieve sufficient results.

"Yeah, it will only going to be kaboom and wipe out all of the enemies in the area after all."

They walked while passing on the construction vehicles, also there's several armoured vehicles being bathe in the sunny day of Lauria.

"Come to think of it, 100th and our 200th missile battalion will be also outfitted and equipped with prototype ballistic missile launchers but without any missile for it."

Presently, there are 4 missile battalion; the 100th, 200th, 300th and 400th missile battalions currently under the SEADF Strategic Missile Division.

"Those launchers won't breakdown or explode right?."

"Please trust our people who made it a little bit more, and those are just trucks with erector launchers, they won't explode."

"Is that so.... Preferable to mass produce a perfect copy of the original system rather than coping with our current prototypes filled with shitty modifications."

"Well, the higher ups wanted a customized system rather than a perfect copy of it."

"Are we becoming the second china here?."

"We will be worst than china, we don't have the decent tech tree to perfectly copy the existing systems right now."

"Their aircraft engines sucks."