Chapter 41

Malvin got to teen fest the earliest on Saturday morning. A lot more people started coming while Malvin had to wait for his friends. In a matter of time, they all finally came.

"So we're 10 altogether?" Malvin asked before counting them.

"I don't think so... " Jason said.

"Jason, Timi, Moyo, chi-... Sorry Beamer, Stephanie, Zuriel and her sister, so just 8 of us." Malvin took a roll call.

"Actually that's my sister" Moyo corrected Malvin.

"Wait you're not sisters?" Malvin asked Zuriel.

"Nope. My sister is married" Zuriel responded while Tope just rolled her eyes.

Malvin noticed Tope's attitude but he couldn't care less at the moment. They all wondered how Malvin wanted to get them in without having a single ticket. Malvin assured them he knew a guy.

Malvin took them through the back and they successfully cut through the extremely long line and found their way inside.

It wasn't easy though, Malvin had to persuade and bribe his way in before they let them, it was much harder because they were much.

Jason and Timi took Malvin aside once they got in, the others went their seperate ways.

"Guyyyyy!!! " Jason and Timi both exclamate

"Didn't I tell you I'd find my way in.... The only thing I missed about Nigeria; 'CORRUPTION' - works for me everytime" Malvin bragged.

"Not that.... What did you tell Timi?" Jason held him.

Malvin got out of his grip, he took a look at Timi then proceeded to walk away. Jason begged him to come back after apologizing for grabbing him.

Malvin tried not to get in between them, so he didn't say much, Timi tried explaining why he told Jason. Malvin didn't want to hear any of it, he was just disappointed.

"...we were a thing, that's why I told him" Timi told Malvin.

"Why'd you just tell him that?" Jason got a little mad.

"I have to go" Malvin excused himself before he could witness any drama.

There was still a long queue that wasn't moving when Chika got there, he spent about 10minutes looking for Pascal while waiting in line. When the queue started moving, he noticed Pascal in front because of his lightskin.

Chika told the guy behind him to keep his space before going to cut in front of Pascal.

"Sorry I'm here" Chika cut in between Pascal and the person in front.

"I didn't know you were coming..." Pascal said. "Why didn't you call to tell me you were coming?"

"I don't have your number" Chika responded.

Pascal stretched out his hand for Chika to hand over his phone. Chika asked him to call it out instead.

Chika called the number Pascal gave him, A Taylor Swift ringtone started playing beside him, Pascal felt so embarrassed and immediately hung up.

"I'm guessing this is your number?" Pascal asked rhetorically

"Yes" Chika tried not to laugh.

"Saved" Pascal automatically saved the name truecaller suggested.

"A lot of our mates came.... But I'm still looking for Tope" Chika looked around frantically.

Few guest artists started coming, but it was going to be a while before the event started. Zuriel was tired of standing so she laid back down on the grass floor. Malvin laid beside her, he felt people were staring at them at first but everyone was busy doing their own thing.

Malvin and Zuriel faced each other tuning everyone out. It was a tad romantic, a fly just had to ruin it. The fly kept hovering around Malvin's face, he stood up to get rid of it. Zuriel laughed non-stop.

It was in that moment, Zuriel started to feel things she's never experienced before. She shut every ounce of feelings away.

Tope watched the two's conundrum from afar. She was considering approaching Zuriel to talk about what she saw on Timi's phone but she needed Malvin to leave.

Malvin managed to chase the fly away. Before he laid back down, Zino called him out. He seeked Zuriel's permission before leaving.

"When did you come?" Malvin asked Zino.

"Since... I need to speak with you.... The last time we talked, you just ran away" Zino stated.

"there's nothing to talk about... Why are you making this such a big deal?"

Zino had a lot on his mind he wanted to say. But he couldn't figure out how to put them to words. Malvin was acting condescending which made Zino want to smack the shit out of Malvin but he stopped himself, he blamed himself for everything that happened, starting with making out with Jason in the first place.

"What's going on between you and that girl?" Zino tried not to sound jealous.

Malvin turned to look at Zuriel who was already talking with Tope, then turned back and said "nothing."

Zino left Malvin alone so he won't make things more awkward than it already was.

Tope had barely gathered enough courage to tell Zuriel about what she saw before Malvin started coming back.

"...I'd see you later... I want to go and meet my sister... " Tope left just before Malvin came.

"What's wrong with her?" Malvin asked when he got back.

"Ahan what happened?" Zuriel chuckled.

"She's been acting weird around me? Like what's her deal? Does she not like me?"

"It's probably cause you thought she was my sister"

"So?? Everyone thinks you're sisters.... I see her more with you than her actual sister"

Zuriel laughed at the accuracy of his statement.