41 | Bad News

Tuesday

The bell rang, indicating break was over and you started walking out the gym talking with Osamu about your favourite deserts.

Before you exited you looked back in confusion noticing the missing presence of Atsumu who you had maths with next.

Instead of walking towards the door he was headed for Suna who was indicating 'come here' to Atsumu.

You raised your eyebrows and nudged Osamu skeptically asking, "what's up with them?"

Osamu glanced back and just kept on walking. "I don't know and I don't care." He stated simply.

Typical.

You paused at the doorway, calling out,"The bell went! Tsumu you know we have maths together next right?"

Both boys turned their heads towards you. Atsumu made a shooing gesture and said in response, "just go without me I'll meet you there."

With one last suspicious look, you walked out. You would ask Atsumu in class you decided.

🍙

"So," Atsumu began, "what do you want?" He asked, mystified.

Suna was leaning against the wall. "It's about Osamu and y/n." He explained.

Atsumu's eyes widened in understanding and he asked in a cautious tone, "you know?" aware of how Suna might feel.

"Yeah.." Suna nodded his head, opening his mouth to speak simultaneously with Atsumu.

"Osamu likes y/n."

"Y/n likes Samu!"

The two stared at each other for a second in confusion.

"Wait what!?" Atsumu looked surprised while Suna said nothing, but understanding washed over his face.

"Samu likes y/n!?" Atsumu exclaimed trying to wrap his head round it. Suna quickly grew annoyed and in disdain said, "he's your twin you dumbass. You of all people should know."

Atsumu narrowed his eyes at Suna and scathingly asked "well how do you know?"

"I told him I liked y/n at the training camp and that's when he started acting weird with y/n. I just put two and two together." He explained.

Atsumu snorted in ridicule. "Well that's a bit dramatic of him, don't ya think."

"Yeah but I think I know why he's acting like that.."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Dude." Suna gave Atsumu a meaningful look, trying to convey his thoughts. Atsumu only looked more confused.
"Last year." Suna added on.

Realisation dawned on Atsumu. "Oh— you're talking about..." he left the sentence unfinished. He didn't need to say it. They were both thinking it.

"You really think so?" Atsumu asked an almost guilty expression on his face.

Suna shrugged. "Maybe. Anyway let's go, don't want to be late for class." The two promptly left for their respective classes.

🍙

Atsumu sat down next to you with a smirk.

You glared at him.

Why does his face look like that? It pisses me off.

"Why'd you stay back with Suna?" You questioned, extremely curious, wondering if his smirk had anything to do with it.

Atsumu continued smirking, "wouldn't you like to know?" He teased. He didn't reveal anything to your annoyance.

"Yeah I would. Tell me." You demanded flatly. He had a secretive smile and only shook his head in response.

Then to rise your irritancy he roughly patted your head and cooed, "don't worry about it! I'll tell you one day!"

No matter what you did he refused to speak a word for the rest of the lesson.

🍙

You were home contemplating what Atsumu and Suna were talking about.

The way Atsumu smirked at you each time you brought it up like he knew something made you sure it had something to do with you.

"Y/n." Your mum got your attention.

You were sat across from her on the dinner table, with your dad beside her, eating your vegetable soup.

"Yes?" You absentmindedly replied, inwardly criticising the soup your dad had insisted on cooking for dinner.

"We've got some bad news.." Your mum began with a sentence you were all too familiar with.

You stopped eating, aimlessly stirring your spoon around the bowl of soup, fascinated by a floating bit of carrot.

You had immediate suspicions about where this conversation was going. But wasn't it too soon?

"We'll have to move back to Tokyo."

A cold feeling washed over you. You were not surprised though. Constantly moving had been your life for as long as you'd known it. You knew this was coming.

Your dad cleared his throat and finally spoke up, "we know it's not ideal for you but we have no choice."

"When?" You asked with a frustrated click of your tongue.

You were now wondering despairingly when you'd have to say goodbye to all the friends you'd made here.

You had done this so many times before it was like a rehearsed script for you now.
You would move to a school, make friends, leave saying you'll keep in touch, and in most cases you fell out of touch over time.

This time would probably be no different.

"A month or so, maybe two. We'll see." Your dad pondered, mum nodding her head.

"Cant wait." You enthused drily.

You wanted to curl up in your bed and just sleep your thoughts and feelings away at this point.

~~~~~

vote rn or i will cry