Chapter Fifty Two

" Lucas , I'm touching the branch ok ? "

Athanese asked and cautiously held the branch. Lucas simply nodded his head in response and observed Athanese.

Athanese pov

As soon as I touched the branch , my vision changed. When I opened my eyes , I was standing infront of a large and majestic looking tree.

" So , this is the world tree ? "

I spoke to myself. Athanasia said the world tree talked to her but why is it unresponsive towards me.

It must be because I don't belong here.

" Hey ! "

I called but the tree remained unresponsive. I don't have enough time on my hands and this tree is annoying me .

Maybe Lucas should have burned this tree

" Do you have no ears ?

Oh you are a tree . I forgot about it"

I spoke trying to offend this world tree or whatever and make it speak but it remained unresponsive

Ah whatever let's just burn this tree down.

Third person pov

Third person pov

Athanese placed his palm right infront of the world tree and said

" Burn "

As soon as the word left from his lips , a huge blast of fire hit the tree.

" It's not wood .... What is it even made of ? Diamonds ? "

Athanese muttered and kept on throwing blasts after blasts towards the tree.

After getting tired of tanking those attacks , a voice rung inside Athanese's ears

" You know you are a real nuisance "

It spoke

" You should have answered my calls earlier "

Athanese answered .

" What do you want to know ? I have already told your sister how to cure your father "

The tree replied

" I think you know very well what I want to ask you "

Athanese replied as he stared at the tree.

" About you being a soul from another world ? "

" Yeah something like that "

" If you are asking why you were reincarnated then I too don't have a answer to it . You were not a soul born with magic , your soul belongs to your previous world and you know it ."

" You know what is my question and you do know the answer to it , don't you ? "

Athanese asked

" *Sigh* of course ! I do know the answers who do you take me for ?! "