¹⁶ranka

JUNE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN"ranka"

─────────────────

after returning back to her house, she was only able to relax for a couple of minutes before a person rudely interrupted her abode and dragged her out of there, into haruhi's one.

they were all supposed to go to the markets together, however ranka arrived and therefore wanted to meet haruhi's friends. because like-father-like-daughter, they wanted to annoy y/n and bring her along.

so ranka dramatically opened her apartment door widely, grabbed the girl and slung her over the father's shoulder. despite having the looking like a female, they were still pretty strong.

she couldn't even grab her cup of coffee because ranka dragged her ass out of her own home.

but haruhi was still more polite than her father, so she made y/n another cup of coffee (the other one was about to run out anyways).

so now, she was listening to how ranka already knew the host club's names, as well as how he already had previous conversations with one of the members (his name was kyoya? i think?) and had talked about haruhi and how she was going in high school. throughout the whole time he talked, y/n was simply sipping from her coffee, haruhi sitting in between her legs as she rested her chin on top of the younger's.

"can't i just go home already?" y/n mumbled, chin still on the top of haruhi's head.

the younger shook her head, chuckling slightly. "if you do, dad's just going to force you back here."

grumbling non-sense, she darted her eyes at the cross-dresser. "that hurt by the way, you old bitch."

"don't use that foul mouth against me, you little twat!" ranka turned their head from kyoya - who he was previously conversing with - his emotion doing a 180 flip.

y/n lifted her head off of haruhi's, mouth turned into an angered frown. "who're you calling a twat, you little-"

"is this normal between them, haru-chan?" honey asked the younger girl, who managed to slip away from y/n's hold as the third year and her father got into another name-calling argument. haruhi nodded her head, sitting near him and the rest of the host club.

"unfortunately," the first year stated tiredly, "though, i guess it's not too bad."

"how is this not too bad?" hikaru mumbled, "they both may look attractive but they have the voices of-"

"don't even think about insulting my bestfriend and dad, hikaru." haruhi cut him off. "the both of them may be chaotic together, but it's honestly a good change. y/n-senpair is normally tired or a calm person, and my dad is just... my dad. the both of them together is like seeing two little siblings together."

the host club then turned their heads towards the arguing people, where y/n was running away from ranka, who had their hair tied up in a messy way, and going after the girl with their fist up in the air.

"it's not really my story to tell, but y/n-senpai isn't really the type to be rowdy - like with what's happening right now with her situation, she can't really do that." haruhi explained, "so seeing her act like this is always refreshing. especially for me."

"well thanks haru-chan, you make it sound like i have some sort of sickness." y/n mumbled, sitting back down beside the girl. as ranka was about to come after the girl, y/n extended her leg out, causing the adult to trip over and face plant on their face. y/n winced, snickering. "yikes, now that's a face full of make-up on the floor."