Talking to Neville

Monday – 9th of January – Hogwarts – 6:58 Pm

I smirked slightly as I heard Tracey glare and growl at me with her red hair. Many people from each house were pointing, starring and laughing at her. Tracey's face was bright red and was glaring at me with such anger that her hair was going between red and pink so fast that her hair was going blurry from the two fast changing colors. I stifled a laugh as she narrowed her eyes at me.

I thought we were going to do it today but I guess the twins and Draco wanted to do the plan without me being caught in it if it failed. It was very nice of them to do so I guess I can forgive them for starting early without telling me.

I sighed as I got up to collect the books for the classes I had today. I smiled softly as I made my way out of the Great Hall and towards Ravenclaw Tower.

The year was months away from finishing and the last Quidditch game was in two weeks. I have to train with the team every Sunday morning. Along with Tuesday and Thursday mornings when school is on. I also needed to hang out with… Cho as she was the Ravenclaw Seeker while we practiced for Quidditch. I also needed to talk to Neville, write to Sirius since a letter was delivered last night and write a letter to Petunia about Dumbledore while warding it against Dumbledore to the best of my ability's. I also needed to write to Remus and visit the Chamber of Secrets before the year ends or I'll have to wait till next year.

I quickly said the answer to the riddle before entering the Ravenclaw Common Room. I gathered my books and left as quickly as I came. I started making my way to the library as I though over my list for the year.

I still had to talk to Neville and go down the Chamber of Secrets before the year ends.

I entered the library and caught sight of Neville studying Herbology in the corner. I smiled softly as I made my way over to Neville until I stood beside him.

"May I sit here?" I asked as Neville jumped at the sound of my voice. Neville looked up at me and his eyes widened as he caught site of my scar before looking around at all the empty desks before looking back at me with wide eyes full of shock.

"W-w-with me?" Neville stuttered as he pointed to himself. I nodded my head as Neville quickly nodded his head. "Yeah! I-I-I mean, of c-c-course." Neville said as he moved his few belongings out of the way as I sat myself down beside him. I smiled at Neville as Neville gave a small smile back.

"I met you on the train, didn't I?" I asked as Neville nodded his head quickly as I gave a small laugh. "You don't need to be nervous. I want us to be friends." I said as Neville's eyes widened even more as he snapped his head towards me.

"W-what?" Neville whispered as he looked at me. I gave a smile as I answered.

"I want to be friends. You seem to not hate me like the Weasley in your year and not criticize me in some way because of my sorting. I thought we could be friends." Neville stared at me for a minute before I continued. "If you don't want to be friends, that's fine. I was just asking." I said after a minute of silence. Neville seemed to snap out of it as he frantically spoke.

"N-no! I do want to be your friend." Neville calmed to a more reasonable talking degree. "I… I just didn't know how to respond. Harry Potter, wanting to be my friend. My Friend!" Neville said as he blushed bright red before turning back to me.

"That's alright. I wanted to talk to you earlier but I never had the chance." Neville looked at me wide eyed again. "I heard that my mother was your Godmother and your mother was… is my Godmother. I wanted to meet you to see if we can be friends as we were supposed to grow up together." I said as Neville's already wide eyes turned even wider as I slowly feared his eyes would pop out of his head.

"R-really?" I nodded and began explaining to Neville about things and we slowly got to know each other as we talked about everything that came to mind like Herbology, potions (Severus), Transfiguration and even Ron Weasley.