Chapter 47: Minerva's Door

Goldy Pond

"Do I look scary?"

The man holding a cane in his hands suddenly asked me. My eyes that were staring at the three large scars on his face suddenly blinked. 

Mr. Lucas smiled when he saw me panic shaking my own head. I shyly scratched my head before I averted my eyes.

I just can't believe that I am seeing him alive and healthy. 

"N-No! I think Mr. Lucas is very friendly and kind, you were not hostile at me..." I answered. "And even if you do look scary. I've been with a creature who is scarier than big people. They have sharp teeth and are very sadistic." 

Demons...

And yes, I'm probably talking about Mr. Lerin.

The man laughed upon hearing my silly explanation. He suddenly patted my head as we continued to walk.

"It must've been scary to stay with those man-eaters," Mr. Lucas mumbled before touching the scars on his face. "When I was younger, a Demon took my friend's life and inflicted these scars on my face. 

I sad smile appeared on his face.

I also became sad because I already know what happen to his 'friends'. 

They were also an escapee that went to Goldy Pond in hopes of finding Minerva, but Goldy pond isn't a safe place anymore when they arrived.

Leuvis killed Mr. Lucas' siblings.

Another one survived, but he never knew it until he met Emma.

We both stopped walking when we saw another ladder leading to the underground appear. Mr. Lucas went down first as I followed him down there. When I was about to jump down the ladder, the man suddenly offered his hand to me. 

"We're almost there," He said to me.

Ah, that's right.

Although the other kids from the Goldy pond are still questioning the reason why I came here. Mr. Lucas still offered to bring me to 'Minerva's Door'.

Minerva's door is a door located to the pond that I've been meaning to see.

Golden Pond. Golden Water.

I stared at the Pen that was placed in my little hand. 

"Conny, may I ask you a question?" Mr. Lucas suddenly asked me. The man glanced at me with a sad look on his face. "Have you ever met 'Minerva'?"

H-huh? Met Minerva?

Why is he asking me that?

"No... I've never met him," I answered. "Mr. Minerva is a mysterious man, there is no way that he'll talk to a child like me..."

Well, the fact that the real 'Minerva' is already dead...

I doubt that I'll be able to meet him...

"Why do you ask that, Mister?" I asked as I walked beside Mr. Lucas. I glanced at his face while tilting my head in confusion. "Are you thinking that it was Mr. Minerva who sent me here? That's kinda impossible..."

Mr. Lucas shyly scratched his cheeks.

"Maybe, I'm just overthinking."

"Is that sooo, hahaha," I awkwardly laughed. "Well, I can't say that I've met him, but I think the person who gave me the Pen is Mr. Minerva's ally."

Mr. Smee...

Mr. Lucas' eye went wide as soon as he heard it. I could already read the anticipation written on his face.