Chapter five

"Here we are at the breezy seashore village of Mertz

"Here we are at the breezy seashore village of Mertz. And our two lovers have perfect weather for their first public outing. Along with Andrew's parents, Susan and Arnold" Elsie says into the microphone, facing the camera.

Andrew and I met and have been getting to know each other. He's a lovely man but the fact we both know the real reason we are getting to know each other, is making it a bit difficult. 

***

"Oh, good shot" Andrew says

"Oh, good shot" Andrew says. We are currently playing tennis while Mia and Lily sit with Fat Louis and Luna to the side. Joe, Lionel and Anthony are stood behind them.

As I step back to hit the ball, I trip over something behind me, landing on the ground. Anthony moves to go help me but Lily puts a hand in front of him whispering, "Let them bond"

Andrew comes towards me with an ice pack, he lowers himself to the ground and places it on my ankle. 

"Are your alright, princess?" He says, looking into my eyes.

"I'm ok" I tell him smiling.

***

"Every marriage in my family for the last 200 years has been arranged" Andrew starts

"Every marriage in my family for the last 200 years has been arranged" Andrew starts. We are sat together under a tree in the courtyard of the Palace. 

Out of the corner of my eye I see the press, "Andrew?"

"Yes?"

"The readers have binoculars" I say looking at the ground. Most of Andrew and I getting to know each other has been filmed, therefore making me feel as though we aren't getting a real shot together.

"Talking without moving my lips, it is" he jokes, smiling at me, "I have something for you"

"Oh, you don't have to get me anything," I say while he goes through his pocket, "No, my birthday was last week, and"

"Aurora. Here you go" he says handing me a film canister, "Open it"

"Ok" I reply, smiling. Once, I've opened it something falls into my hand that makes me gasp.

"It was my great-grandmother's engagement ring. She and my great-grandfather were married for 57 years. So I, I felt it could be lucky for us, maybe." He tells me, smiling holding my hand.

"Do I have to put myself?" I joke, smiling uncontrollably. 

"No, I could do that" Andrew replies, sliding the beautiful ring onto my finger, keeping eye contact. Once the ring is placed on my finger we both lean in and kiss.

"Oh, my goodness. It was a ring! A royal proposal has been made" Elsie says into her microphone. 

***

"Fly the lovebirds" Charlotte says. It is now time to, officially, announce Andrew and I's engagement. 

"You ready?" he asks me.

"If you are" we both nod and then link our arms facing the door.

"Announcing the royal engagement of Princess Aurora and Andrew Jacoby, Duke of Kenilworth"

The two of us walk out onto the balcony above many people. We both wave and Andrew put's his arm around my waist. I continue to wave but turn my head to kiss Andrew on the cheek. 

***

"Uncle, I hate to say this, but you were wrong, Princess Aurora has managed to find a husband within a week" Nicholas says to his uncle, the two of them watching the tv that shows the newly engaged couple. 

"Aurora cannot possibly be happy with the idea of an arranged marriage. Your task is to romance her" Nicholas's uncle tells him, "Show her what a real relationship could be like. A relationship filled with heat and passion"

"And change her mind about Andrew."

"Exactly"

***

"Hey princess" Anthony says, rounding the corner of the stairs I'm currently hiding on. 

"Hey, whisper please. I'm hiding from my lady's maids" I say, smiling at him, putting my book down.

"You ok?"

"Well, I don't need to worry about my throne being stole now" I reply.

 "Aurora. I asked if you're ok" he says, concern evident in his voice.

"I don't know" I answer truthfully, "this is not how I ever pictured my life. Which is surprising because I pictured a lot of options"

"It'll all work out in the end, Princess" he tells me, bringing me into a hug, "I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah"

After he walks of I sit back on the stairs and begin reading my book again.

"Oh, Your Highness" Charlotte says loudly, walking up to me. I quickly shush her and she whispers, "Andrew's plane just took off. He said he'd call as soon as he arrives in London. He won't be gone long. Why are we whispering?"

"I'm hiding from my lady's maids" I rely making Charlotte laugh before walking off. When I'm alone I look down at my ring.

I hear whistling before Nicholas asks, "Are you having second thoughts?"

"No. Actually, on the contrary. I was admiring my ring. It was Andrew's grandmother's. You know, he is really so romantic." I tell him. As I speak he continues to get closer to me. When there is a small gap between us, I look him up and down before staring into his eyes, "well, if you'll excuse me, I really must go go see to some wedding details." And with that I walk down the couple of stairs before walking up the flight on the left.

Nicholas continues up the right light of stairs in sync with me, "I'm sorry, is there something you wish to say to me?" I ask.

"No, no. Just thinking about dancing with you again" he replies.

"Anna, I found her!" Ava shouts, at the top of the stairs.

"Ava. I'm not here" I say shaking my head.

"It wasn't her. It was a ghost. Whooo" she says before running down the hall.

"Nicholas, I would like to remind you that we only danced about a minute" I say, turning my attention back to the man.

"It was more then a minute" he says with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Alright. A minute and a half dance of lies, because you just happened to forget to mention you were trying to steal my crown. Goodbye, Nicholas. I hope you continue to enjoy your time in the palace" I then walk off, to find Luna. 

***

Sat outside, with Luna running around, I begin to write in my diary.

Dear diary,

My queen lessons continue, surprise, surprise, To fulfil one Genovian tradition, I must learn to shoot a flaming arrow through a ceremonial ring, which will happen on the eve of my coronation, It's symbolic for lighting my own eternal flame.

Now of all the sports I have participated in, archery is not one of them. So I'm just hoping for the best.