Chapter 19- Love just happens

Max was getting discharged from the hospital after 2 days. The bleeding had started again but he was fine now.

Thankfully his ribs weren't broken and we got him to the hospital in time. He's still suffering weakness so the doctors have adviced him to rest.

Zack and Liam have gone to get him while Damien, Ruth and I are at home.

Speaking of Ruth, she's a really nice company. She's tough and isn't afraid to speak what's in her mind.

She's basically like a female version of Zack.

She told us about her past life. Her mother had passed away when she was 12 and she's been living with her dad since. She had stopped going to school after her mother's demise so her dad had hired private teachers for her.

They had recently moved cities and she did not have any friends here. Her dad was forcing her to marry his business partner's son once she turns 18 so finally she ran away from her house.

"Is he a robot or what?" Ruth whispered to me while nodding at Damien who was looking out of the window with an emotionless face and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"He misses Celine and wants her back." I whispered back to Ruth.

We had told Ruth all about us as well. It was fair since she told us about her life. Ruth was living with me in Celine's room. It was so good to finally have some female company.

"All four of these guys are weird. How do you live with them?!"

"They are all great in their own ways." I chuckled.

I was staring at Damien while Ruth was going on and on about how these guys are so weird.

"I mean, they live in the middle of a freaking forest! Actually I really like this house though." She concluded.

"Why is that?" I asked her still staring shamelessly at Damien.

"It's away from people. I hate humans." She replied.

"You're a human too."

"Ugh.. I know."

Damien suddenly turned away from the window and his eyes locked with mine. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. There was something about his eyes that I just can't stop staring at them.

Damien gave me a sweet smile before going towards the kitchen. I felt my cheeks burning. He smiled at m-

"Did the dead body just smile at you?!"

I choked.

"Dead body?!"

"That's how he acts like." Ruth shrugged.

"He's hugged me... Twice! Kissed my forehead once, chuckled at my expressions, laughed because of me! He's so handsome! He's just...perfect! Do you know he took me to a hill top and he said that I was the first person he took there! The way he stares into my eyes... I just get so mesmerised and can't look away no matter how much I try to. Everytime he's looking or smiling at me or everytime he's near me, my heart just starts beating so fast and I can't control but blush! He's just too-"

"Jennifer! Relax!" Ruth stared at me. "I know you like him, but relax." 

"How do you know I like him?!"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Well, it's true! I like him. I like him a lot! Heck, I may even love him! But I know that I shouldn't! He already has a girlfriend who he loves so much! But Ruth, everytime I try to suppress my feelings, they just keep growing. I can't help myself."