Part 7

Sana's P.O.V. 

As the day was drawing to an end, I returned to the terrace and looked down at the garden. As I smiled, I felt someone standing behind me. "It's the first time I'm seeing you like this ever since you came here," Sharad said coming to the railing. "What do you mean?" I asked chuckling. "You know exactly what I mean," he said. "I know, I know. I just never had the chance to spend time like this. Thinking about it, this place is not so bad," I said. "Sana, you just have to give yourself some space sometimes. Then, you will realise that everyone around you doesn't mean bad. I was listening to everyone a while ago and they actually like you," he said. I looked at him surprised saying, "Me? You're joking." "I'm serious," he said. I sighed and shook my head. I looked over the street and saw Sidharth sitting on his balcony and staring at somewhere. Following his stare, I saw a young girl nearby in another house. I smirked and looked at him. "Sharad?" I said, "Who is that girl?" I pointed in her direction. "Megha," he said smiling. I narrowed my eyes to look at her better in the coming dark. "Megha," I whispered smirking. "I think every guy wants this girl to be their wife," he said. "You also?" I asked mischievously. He frowned at me saying, "You don't need to know that." I rolled my eyes. "You should go to your room as well and get some rest otherwise your doctor will scold every one of us," he said. I smiled and looked at Sidharth. Folding my arms, I said smiling, "Dr. Sidharth Shukla, you love teasing me, don't you? Just wait and watch." I turned around and went to my room and fell asleep. 

The next morning, I woke up and looked at the time. Realising that it was almost eight o' clock, I jumped up and looked at Roopaji's empty bed. I got out of the bed, unable to think anything. Quickly, I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I wore a hoodie and ran outside to see everyone coming back. I stood in the middle of the garden panting as I looked at them all, frowning. "What happened?" Roopaji asked coming to me worried. "I woke up late and I didn't realise. I'm sorry," I said. She sighed and said, "It's ok. I turned off the alarm last night so that you can get a lot of rest. You are looking so fresh and beautiful." I smiled. "I'm fine! Everyone, I'm absolutely fine. This is not the first time I have fallen ill. It's normal when you have diabetes," I said. They all froze and looked at me. "What's wrong?" I asked. Roopaji cupped my face with tears in her eyes and said, "You go through so much? Why didn't you tell any of us that you suffer from such a horrible ailment?" I looked at her confused. "It's just diabetes," I said. "Don't take this lightly," she said. "Why are you all crying?" I asked. "Chup kar, pagli (Keep quiet, silly girl)," she said wiping her tears. "Oh chhado Roopaji, rehn de. Yeh kudi toh itni mazboot hai ki ve toh kisi ko bhi haraye. Yeh bimaari kya cheez hai,(Leave it Roopaji. This girl is so strong that she can defeat anyone. What is this sickness?)" Daljeetji said. She smiled. "Thank you very much everyone for worrying about my health but I am fine. So, let's get to work!" I said. "Wait! You have to eat breakfast," Roopaji said holding my hand. "Oh God!" I said sighing, "Roopaji, I know that I have to eat breakfast. I'm not a little baby." We all sat down and had breakfast and got ready to work. "Here you go," Roopaji said handing me something inside a bag. "What's this?" I asked. "Open it up and see," she said. 

I pushed my hand inside the bag and pulled out a pair of sandals. Recognising them, I said, "Isn't this the..." She smiled and nodded, resting her hand on my head. "I saw your eyes caught these so I thought of buying them for you," she said. "Thank you," I said sincerely. "Wear them and come outside," she said. "Yes," I said and took out my sneakers. I wore them and they fitted perfectly. They were extremely comfortable and easy to walk in but I decided that I will not wear them to work in the garden. I will save them for a special occasion. I wore my sneakers and went out. Everyone stopped their whispering as they saw me and fixed their eyes on me. "What were you all saying about me?" I asked narrowing my eyes. "All of us? Nothing at all. What would we be saying?" Daljeetji said clumsy and nervous. "Don't worry. I'll figure it out," I said walking through them. As I reached the plants, I looked across the street and saw Sidharth. He looked at me and waved but I, in turn, rolled my eyes and started my work. Everyone joined in and we began digging holes and planting the flowers. Everyone did as I told them and the work was getting done quickly. As lunch time came, Sidharth came across. Roopaji immediately pulled him to a corner and began whispering something to him. Though curious, I shrugged it off and continued washing my hands. He came to me and stood quietly. "What is it?" I asked frowning. "Why are you so annoyed?" He asked. "I'm not," I said. "Denial is not a good thing," he said. "I'm not...!" I said and looked at his smirk, "Hey, are you trying to get at me?" "Of course not. Am I?" He asked leaning closer to me. "Leave me alone," I said walking off. He held back my hand and looked back at me. Smiling, he said, "Amature Punjabi." I pulled my hand out of his and stormed off.