Chapter 10

It's been three months since I told Jermaine I was pregnant and true to his word, he's been there for me.

I kind of feel bad though. With him working all the time and running back and forth between Erica and I, I know he is worn out.

I decided to make a special appreciation dinner for him. You know, just to show him that all of his hard work is not going unnoticed.

I walked into the grocery store and went to the meat department. I decided to make steak, potatoes, shrimp, salad, and lasagna. I know that doesn't go together but that's what I'm craving at the moment. I was picking out the best looking steak, when I heard somebody call my name.

I turned around and looked into the eyes of the man I had not spoken to in over four months.

"Daddy?" I said, which came out as more of a question.

"Hi princess." He said with a small smile on his face.

I studied his features and I couldn't help but notice the tired look on his face. He looked as if he hadn't gotten a good night rest in a while.

"Hi daddy. How are you?" I asked no longer feeling the anger I had for him a few months ago.

"I'm ok sweet heart. Better now that I see you. You look beautiful by the way. It's like your glowing."

I blushed a little, pondering if I should tell him I'm pregnant. If I did that would just open up the floodgates to more questions that I wasn't ready to answer right now.

"Thanks. You look kind of tired though." I said with a laugh as he joined me.

"Yea, I haven't been getting any sleep since I last saw you." He said, instantly making me feel guilty.

"I'm sorry daddy. I was just so mad that you could keep such a big secret from me and that woman didn't make the situation any better."

I refused to call her my mother. I know she took care of me my entire life but after the fight, I just didn't see her the same way.

"I understand baby. There were so many times I wanted to tell you but I just didn't know how you would take it."

I sighed. "I get that but I still had a right to know daddy. There are so many questions that I want to ask but now isn't the right time or place." I said as I looked around at the various people walking around the store.

"I will gladly answer all of your questions. Your mom will be out of town this weekend with your sister so you can come over then."

I cringed at the mention of the devil and her spawn, but I kept what I wanted to say to myself. I gave my dad a tight lip smile before responding.

"Sounds like a plan. I will see you then." I said as I stepped closer to him and gave him a hug.

It wasn't until I was in his arms that I really realized how much I missed my dad. I have always been a daddy's girls so I have never went so long without seeing him never the less talking to him. In this moment I felt so selfish for being so petty. I mean yeah, he held a secret from me, but I'm sure it was for a good reason.

I felt my eyes watering up as I began to pull away.

"I'm sorry daddy." I said looking him in his eyes so he could see how sincere I was.

"I am too. No more secrets ok?"

I felt a drop in my stomach when he said that. Should I tell him I'm pregnant? Should I tell him by who? Would he judge me? Would he hate me? Those were all of the questions running through my head.