Possessive N.R

Your POV
Being Natasha's girlfriend meant that she was possessive. Not the bad kind of possessive, she still allowed you to do things you like but she needed people to know that you were hers. People needed to be clear of that.

We walked into Fury's office with Nat's arm over my shoulders. Her arm was placed there throughout the journey. If there was someone walking in our direction, they were expected to move out of the way for her. If they decided not to move, you can bet she would walk right into you.

In the beginning, I would try to step aside but Nat would only pull me back into her. Soon, news spread around and people learnt to step aside.

"Agent Romanoff and Agent Y/L/N, meet the newest Avenger, Carol Danvers." Nick Fury introduced the blonde lady.

"Nice to meet you both." Carol extended her arms for a handshake. At that moment, Fury knew what was about to happen.

Being the courteous person that I am, I obviously returned the favour and reached my arm out to return the handshake but Nat pulled me back. "Hands off my girl. Only I can touch her! No one else!" Nat hissed at the newest Avenger.

"Nat!" I widened my eyes at her.

"What? She's gotta learn her place." Now Nat has linked her arm around mine so I couldn't go anywhere. "If there's nothing else, we're going to go." Without waiting for Fury's answer, Nat dragged me out of his office.

It was nice that Nat cared about me but because of this, it was really hard meeting new people with Nat because she would scare them away. I would have to sneak out and meet them separately and apologize for Nat's behaviour.

---

Nat was on a mission when I had a drink out with Bucky. She was on a mission with Steve so it was kind of like a drink out for missing our partners. It was an outdoor bar so he lent me his jacket towards the end of the night.

We had a couple of drinks before heading back and I wasn't drunk, I only had a few glasses of frozen margaritas. Nat doesn't allow me to get drunk with other guys even if it was with Bucky.

They were not back yet as we stepped in the compound so we went separate ways into our room and I made sure to give him back his jacket. Once, I came back with my friend's hoodie because I had forgotten to take mine and she flipped. And just allow me to add, I had to beg her to allow me to meet up with my friends and she only agreed if I texted her where I was every hour.

I was scrolling through my phone while waiting for Nat to get back. She was due to get back tonight but it seems like she was running a little late as it was getting closer to midnight.

I must have dozed off as the next time I opened my eyes, Nat was just closing the door of the bathroom. "You're back." I rubbed my eye and sat up slightly.

"Yeah baby, the mission dragged on longer than we thought it would. You didn't have to stay up."

I pouted and made grabby hands wanting Natasha to come into bed quicker. "I missed you." I whined when she was taking her own sweet time changing.

"I missed you too." Nat cooed and finally came into bed with me but pulled her head away almost immediately. "Did you go out with Bucky?" Her tone changed quickly.

"Yeah?" I saw no problem with it. "I didn't get drunk."

"You smell like him..." She kept eyeing me up and down. "Did you wear his clothes?" How did she know that so quickly? That nose of hers...

"No...?" My eyes couldn't meet hers. That was probably a mistake as I saw Nat narrowed her eyes at me.

"Last chance, baby." She spoke in a stern voice as if she was speaking to her child who had done something wrong.

"Okay okay, I did. But I was cold. Do you want me to get sick?" I caved and revealed the truth, not being capable of keeping secrets from her.

"Yes." Nat replied bluntly.

"What?" I was in disbelief.

"So I could be right next to you and tend to your every need. We could cuddle together and watch movies and have time for ourselves. I could also take this opportunity to get away from missions." Nat reasoned out with ease. It was as if she already had an answer in her or was waiting to say it.

"But it sucks being sick." Remembering the time I was bedridden, it was nice having Nat next to me but it was so draining that I could hardly do anything with her.

"So bring your own jacket the next time baby." Nat spoke in a soft voice but it was still scary.

"Okay..." I looked at my lap and played with my fingers.

"Good, my baby is not allowed to wear other people's property. Only mine." Nat took off my top and tossed it aside before putting the one she was wearing on me.

"I love you, you know that?" I said when Nat finally finished her lecture and held me in her embrace, taking in her scent of her and her clothes.

"I know. I love you too." Nat kissed the crown of my head and we fell asleep on the bed together.

I love this possessiveness of hers. It makes me feel like I am loved and reminds me that she's still in love with me.

Written on 9 Jan 2022
Posted on 9 Jul 2022

Inspired by anime/manga Horimiya