30

River pov

This morning I woke up before Jordan. We didn't go to sleep until around four this morning. For some reason I'm up at eight.

I've been laying in bed for about an hour and a half waiting for her to wake up. Unfortunately, she's still asleep.

I heard dishes clinking downstairs and I'm bored so, I decided to follow.

I found my mom in the kitchen washing some water bottles.

"Hey mom." I say.

She turns her head to look at me, taking out her left earbud. "Hi, good morning."

"Good morning." I say back, assuming she didn't really hear my 'Hi.'

"Where's Jordan? Is she still sleeping?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Oh ok. What's your plan for today?" She asks.

"No idea. Probably just hang around the house with Jordan, maybe go out tonight but maybe not." I shrug.

"Ok, just keep me updated." She says. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"As of right now, nothing." I say.

"Do you want to have a girls day tomorrow?" She asks. "I feel like we haven't hung out just the two of off in a while."

The last sentence made me feel bad. Sometimes, I forget that my parents are my parents. They also miss people.

"Yeah actually, that sounds really nice." I say.

"I was thinking Olive Garden. The last time we went we had so much fun with the games, thought we could do that again." She says.

"That sounds perfect." I smile.

"Maybe we can do some shopping first and then go eat, or the other way, it doesn't matter." She shrugs continuing to wash the cluster of water bottles near the sink.

"Ok yeah, thanks mom." I say.

She smiles in response. "I'm gonna get back to listening to this." She says pointing at her ear.

"Ok. I'll talk to you later." I say.

"Ok, bye bye." She says putting back in her earbud.

I think it's funny when she ends a conversation like she's getting off a call.

I made myself a a bagel and a glass of water before I headed back upstairs.

I would've made Jordan one too but she usually wakes up pretty late on weekends, as I usually do too.

***

Jordan and I did exactly as I thought. We stayed at my house all day until she convinced me to come to the Sturniolos with her.

It's now 9 pm. We've only been here for about an hour but they're exactly what I needed.

Nick, Matt, Jordan, and I are sitting in the back by the fire. Nick and I are sitting next to each other and Jordan is sitting across Matts lap.