20

narrator

--

it was the morning before the carnival, everyone trying to get their outfits and ideas out the way for the upcoming night.

valerie went to school like normal, hanging out with maddy and lexi the most, she excluded rue ever since that one evening and rue didn't bother approaching val either.

life was currently fine for all of them, maddy on and off with nate like always, lexi just hanging around and being her normal happy self, rue surprisingly sobering up. and val, val spent all of her extra time outside and before school hanging out with ash. the two got really close but not close enough to call themselves a couple.

although both of them looked at each other in awe none of them wanted to admit it. makeouts and kisses every now and then but never brought up which only made the two extremely confused at times.

valerie

--

'i don't know what to wear,' i said looking over to maddy. 'bitch you could literally wear anything and make it look good, grab whatever you want from the closet.' she said while wrapping her arms around me from behind and hugging me really tight. 'ok thanks maddy,' i said before walking towards her closet and looking for what to wear.

maddy was going above and beyond with her outfit but she looked beautiful so no one really cared. i always loved maddys confidence and self awareness, she didn't care what anyone said.

although me and maddy have known each other for pretty much a month and so, we were so close that people would sometimes mistake us as sisters. i didn't mind though, i loved having someone with me by my side all the time.

i went though maddys closet as i saw a black crop top with a thin black crisscross lace going though the middle of the top from my bellybutton to my cleavage. i matched it with a short dark blue denim skirt and a black zip up to throw over since i knew it would be quite cold. i put on a pair of black new balance 530s. i looked in the mirror and tried to find any flaws or mistakes with my outfit but found none. i felt really pretty.

--

'there's gatorade in the door,' maddy said as she drove looking at the road. i smiled and grabbed the gatorade and took a big gulp. the strong liquor mixed with the sweet juice took me by surprise. i coughed and looked at maddy. 'bitch you think i just have regular gatorade?' she said looking over at me and laughing. i laughed a little as maddy pulled up in the parking lot of the carnival.

it was already around 7pm so it was kind of dark.

maddy walked in to see cassie there, she ran up to her and hugged her. 'oh how much i missed you,' she said then took a proper look at cassie who looked upset. 'bitch what happened?' she said before turning to me. 'im going to go get a drink,' i said walking back slowly as maddy and cassie walked away.

i didn't actually want a drink, i just wanted to find ash since he said something about running a pretzel stand tonight. i walked for a hood three minutes before giving up and texting him.

me
where are you?

ashtray
pretzel stand

me
yeah i know that dumbass but where

ashtray
oh near the fence close to the ferris wheel
read 7:17pm