4 | saved by the edward

***********************************************************************

I'm currently waiting by some random stranger's car for Bella to come pick me up from school. There wasn't any room in the front parking lot today, so she had to park her car in the side parking lot. She told me to wait for her to drive around to the front parking lot, so she could come pick me up from here.

I tap my foot impatiently as I curiously look around the parking lot. Most people are together with either their friends or their friend groups. Of course, no group at this school peaks my interest more than the Cullens. I spot them easily over by the other side of the parking lot. I get a good look at all of them until my eyes meet those of none other than Edward Cullen.

I shift my gaze immediately to the floor, feeling very uncomfortable with the sudden eye contact. I still can't believe that Edward actually talked to me today, had a full on conversation to be frank! I have to admit though, he did end our conversation weirdly. Who just leaves someone hanging in the middle of a conversation? That's Edward Cullen for you, the handsome boy with strange social skills.

After staring at the ground for a bit, I grow curious to know if Edward is still staring at me. So, I lift my head up just a little. I spot Edward almost immediately, who's still, in fact, staring at me. My cheeks turn pink as I shift my gaze to the ground again. Edward staring at me like this is starting to get a little creepy. Am I really that fascinating to watch? I mean, it's not like I'm doing anything interesting. I'm honored to be worthy of his attention, but Edward's way of giving attention is a bit off-putting sometimes. He said I was a hard person to read, but let's face it. He's probably harder for me to read than it is for him to read me.

Suddenly, the sound of screeching tire wheels fills my ears. I snap my head up immediately. My eyes are greeted with Bella's orange truck swerving out of the way of another car, swerving . . . right . . . towards . . . ME.

I gasp as my heart leaps out of my chest. My eyes grow to the size of saucers at the impending doom heading straight for me. There's no time to move out of the way as fate takes a hold of my future. Time seems to stop for a split second, causing every nerve in my body to shutter with horror. Shivers run down my spine like flashes of lighting. My mind automatically prepares for the inevitable pain that Bella's truck will no doubt cause to my body. My body reacts on its own by pressing my back hard against the side of the car I'm standing next too. My eyelids prepare to forcibly close when a blur of grey and white appears next to me. Before I know it, a hand is holding me by my side.

Then boom! All time . . . just stops.

When I'm snapped out of my shocked state, the first thing I see is a hand pressed against the side of Bella's truck. A huge dent surrounds the hand, indicating the amount of pressure it took to stop the car. I whip my head in front of me, my eyes immediately meeting those of Edward Cullen himself. He's crouched over me, with his face dangerously close to my own. Any closer, and our noses would touch.