Chapter 3 - Shion

"Vernal!"

An angered shout echoed throughout the camp. Not long after, a semi-bald woman hurried towards a tent that stood among others.

"Where the hell are the scouts that we sent?!" Raven Branwen shouted, red eyes practically glowing and an irritated expression plastered on her face.

"I-I don't know! I-Its been h-half a day since we sent them!" Vernal replied, scared of being at the forefront facing her leader's ire.

"Then, do you know what that means?"

"I-I don't-"

"Then it means they've been captured!" Raven cut her, "Tell everyone to prepare! At dawn we'll begin raiding Shion!" She barked and Vernal obeyed, leaving the tent in order to carry out her superior's orders.

"Fuck!"

Raven cursed, her plan had been halted and now they were forced to strike earlier than expected. She hoped they died from grimm rather than any huntsman that knew of her tribe's colors.

She had a feeling in her gut, however, that something would go wrong but in her current state of frustration, the gut feeling was buried in the depths of her minds.

-0-0-0-0-

"Once again, I thank you for helping my village with the Grimm." Elder Chen thanked, shaking Otto's hand.

Elder Chen had been one of the few people awake when Otto planned to set out for Shion at dawn. While he asked Otto if he wanted to stay for a while, Otto denied, having needed to head out to Mistral.

"It is of no problem Elder Chen, I just did what any Huntsman would do." He flashed another smile. He was not a huntsman, just pretending to use the term in order to have a consent to deal with the Geist without being denied by the elder in fear of Otto's safety.

Otto was not a samaritan, he only confronted the Geist out of curiosity and to not have any small amount of guilt of leaving the village to fend for itself when someone could have helped it.

It was nothing but Kallen's dying request to him that made him turn Schicksal into a global organization aimed to neutralizing the Honkai threats plaguing the population, after all.

"I bid you farewell, young man." Elder Chen bowed and Otto reciprocated before he soon left the village.
.
.
.
.
.
Within the dense trees, Otto checked his appearance on a small pond beside the dirt road. His hair wasn't as long as before, courtesy of him having trimmed the sides down while leaving the back untouched. He felt much more different than he was before despite the unchanged physical appearance. The outfit that he donned gave him a sense of nostalgia, back to the time when he was still a human, broken and in his grief, searched for a way to bring back the soul of Kallen after repairing her body.

He left the pond, continuing on his trek and with the help of a map which somehow gave him nostalgia, reached what was definitely Shion, Otto removed the map from his face and was welcomed with the sight of the village of Shion, being raided by bandits.

Chaos spread as they plundered the houses, spilling blood and setting fire to every structure as they continued rampaging across the settlement.

"They weren't supposed to be here a day earlier!" Otto clicked his tongue, having forgot that the absent presence of the scouts have alerted their camp into taking action earlier than planned.

They had to be stopped, unless they destroy his only chance to smoothly travel to Mistral!

Sprinting forward, he summoned dual mimicries of Water Spirit Type-II, sending yellow frost blasts that stopped the flames from raging further. The blasts caught some of the bandits offguard and he wasted no time in killing them off.