6. "Am I Making You Nervous?"

Aria's memories - well, they weren't good, but bittersweet. Presently, they slide inside her mind like photographs. She wished memories could also be chosen like albums and she wished she could choose what kind of album she wanted to build. The morning rain that touched her dropped her back to moments that didn't seem happening back then but now as she reminisces, each raindrop is a drop that kissed her skin, bringing back the reason for her love. They still bring those treasured, forgotten memories to comfort her and remind her of those beautiful times spent with her favorite people.

Aria was not one of those that would look at her old box of memories. And after Aiden's presence in her life after all those years, she'd been visiting her old stuff and photos for the second time. She thought they'd fade if she'd visit those past moments often and the ones that she'd been treasuring would vanish too with time. She'd only catch those in her quieter moments of joy and sadness. She remembered her mother's love and her father's childlike actions.

There weren't many with Aiden. Only a few to look. A genuine smile immediately added up to her lips as her gaze attached with one with Aiden. That picture was taken by his mother standing inside from near the window. And that's why raindrops appear in it as they enjoyed the rain outside with a soggy sandwich. They both seemed happy and she inwardly thanked her mother again for giving her the perfect moment and memory.

"Aiden!" His name came out as a shock from Aria's mouth as she found him inside her kitchen. In school, he barely looked at her, not that she missed him or something, but it partly bothers her. She doesn't interact much and hence barely knows any people from school and suddenly, a mischievous guy gives his time but that remains only for a week or so and now, she kinda misses him. She doesn't miss his deliberate attempts to misname her though.

However, suddenly, he shows up at her place and if that wasn't surprisingly awkward, then she doesn't realize what else was.

"What are you doing here in my house? And in the kitchen? Mom?" Her eyes were wide in disbelief while he continued to help her mother while she made sandwiches for him.

"See! That's what I've been talking about!" Aiden smirked as Aria's mother, Camille gave her a scolding stare that made her chill out a bit.
"Behave, my darling," however, she smiled as she arranged prepared sandwiches and a few other snacks in a tray. "Aria, take these mats and napkins and place them upstairs, okay! I'll be right back."

Before she could react, Camille soon added after, "Guide Aiden with you."

"Do you mean my room's patio?" Aria asked as if she'd grown two heads. Actually, the matter was, she doesn't happen to like anyone's presence inside her room let alone, her mother asked her to take him to the patio. It's kind of a special place and Aria dislikes Aiden's interference in her life that way.

"Aria!" Her mother gave her a look containing displeasure. "Go!" She commanded as she handed her the tray filled with a few varieties of evening snacks.

"Let me hold these!" Aiden meddled to take hold of the mats and plates as she struggled to hold everything at once.

"You're welcome," he teased when she didn't utter any words of appreciation. Aria gave him a stare. "After you, Aria," he winked at her, making her give another sets of scoffs and glares.

Doesn't he remember my name very well? Why does he keep harassing me by taking the wrong names in school? She thought to herself and growled louder than necessary. Aiden chuckled at it as he smirked again.

"What's the matter with you?" She hissed at him to which he simply gave her a quizzical look. She snickered, "Why are you here? What's going on?"