25. THOSE THREE WORDS

Jimin hasn't heard from Jeongguk since he stormed out of his penthouse room last night.

Now back at his own apartment, he withers away in his bedroom while he tries to get some school work done. He should try to meet up with Taehyung to explain what's going on but the thought only makes him anxious. Taehyung deserves to be happy but what if he thinks Jimin is just being egocentric?

The last relationship Taehyung had didn't end that well and he certainly doesn't deserve to go through it twice. Nobody does.

"Ugh," Jimin mumbles, dropping his pencil and rolling onto his back on his bed. He stares at the ceiling in thought.

He desperately wants to know what happened last night. No missed calls or texts on his phone but he can see all of the unanswered attempts he has left for Jeongguk. Nothing read, either. Simply delivered.

"Whatever," he says to himself quietly, crawling off of his bed. He gathers his school work and shoves it into his backpack, deciding to go somewhere he might actually be able to get some work done.

After Jimin finishes cleaning himself up, he leaves his apartment and sets off toward campus. He usually manages to finish his assignments when he's in the library with little to no distraction.

He pulls his books out of his bag as well as his new laptop. As soon as he opens up his assignment, he's reminded of the time Jeongguk had helped him at his penthouse. He sighs, rubbing his face. No matter where he is or what he's doing, somehow, in some way, he's reminded of Jeongguk.

"Focus," he tells himself, staring at his laptop screen.

While Jimin works, time manages to fly by much quicker than anticipated. It's close to six at this point and he can feel and hear his stomach growling at him. He clutches it, letting out an annoyed sigh. He still hasn't heard anything from Jeongguk and begins to worry.

Did he do something wrong? Should he have kept the truth to himself? He isn't used to Jeongguk being so silent and out of reach. Typically, he's a simple text and phone call away. He's a businessman so he really has no choice but to be.

"He's probably ignoring me," Jimin concludes beneath his breath, packing all of his things away into his backpack. He tosses a single strap over his shoulder, heading out of the library.

Jimin doesn't really feel like going home since it feels like he's either been cooped up inside of his own apartment room or Jeongguk's penthouse. He tosses his backpack into the passenger seat and he starts his car, heading toward a pub.

It's already quite busy but he manages to find himself a seat. He orders something to eat with an alcoholic beverage on the side, content in the corner where no one can bother him.

The thought of inviting Taehyung has passed his mind. But the idea if being near anyone he knows right now seems extremely tiring. He turns his phone off, focusing on the food and the drink on the table.

However, as soon as Jimin is done eating, one drink leads to another and he ends up spending most of the night at the bar. He's chatting up strangers which is something he never does and talking as though they've always been best friends.

Jimin doesn't realize the trouble he has found himself in when he starts talking to a specific man in particular. He takes another sip, head hanging low briefly as he keeps his arms against the bar table and fingers wrapped loosely around the glass in his hand. He feels it replaced by another and peers up.

"It's on me, baby," the man says, urging Jimin to drink it.

Jimin hums, drinking it. He leans against the top of the counter, placing the drink down when he starts to feel more hazy all of the sudden. He's looking around now and he can't piece together the faces he's looking at. They look like paint smudges on canvas.