chapter twenty ; "for your glory."

Blue M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ; "ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʟᴏʀʏ."

299 AC. THE WESTERLANDS.

THEY HAD RARELY TALKED THAT NIGHT, A DEAFENING SILENCE THAT MADE THE OTHER TENSER. The two slept bare, on one side of the pool, adjacent to their clothes, the heat from the stone beneath them providing warmth. Jenny was thankful she was the first awake, the moon had been replaced with the searing light of the sun; where she lay, her body could be seen clearly. 

On her right, her eyes opened to see the face of Jaime Lannister snoring. His eyes were tightly shut, laying on his side, mouth ajars slightly; he had been facing the other direction when they had first laid next to one another. Jenny could only imagine him looking like a lion cub, his golden mane fluffed from the drying of his hair overnight; she could only imagine how she looked. She peered over into the springs, using its reflection like a looking glass; her hair roamed wildly, like a scarecrow. She remembered the Lion of Lannister's words that day and felt her cheeks warm. 

Swiftly, before the Knight awoke, Jenny put on her nightdress. She could not button it up all the way, she cursed to herself, knowing Jaime would have to help her. She looked down at him from where she stood; the woman had never seen a man with more muscles in her life. His body was skinny in places, from the starvation Robb had put him through - but the bulky muscle seemed to remain. Jenny looked away, to lace up her boots and stood again; she could feel the warm breeze from outside whisper along the cave walls. 

Moving down to his level, Jenny shook him lightly on the shoulder. "Jaime," she called his name softly, "Jaime we have to go." 

He did not stir. For a member of the Kingsguard, one would think that the lion would wake at sudden movement disrupting him from sleep. The woman shoved the man harder. Now he woke. His green eyes opened with hostility, like a dragon's pupil adjusting to the light. 

Through blurred eyes, Jaime awoke with a lazy smirk. He rubbed his eyes, "I honestly thought you were a haybale," he commented on her hair. 

"And you have more of a kitten's fluff than a mane," Jenny retorted sharply, slightly more hostile than she would've usually sounded. Jaime noticed that. "Clothe yourself, we are heading to the Rock, are we not?"

The man hummed, sitting up and yawning. He stood, stretching an arm over his head - relishing in the light. He reached for his breeches, easily putting them on as well as his tunic, then Jaime tied his boots that had made his feet sore. As he went to grab the jacket he hesitated, looking to the maiden that had made her way to the cave entrance; standing in the sunlight. The knight did not rest it on his own shoulders, he laid it over his arm, planning to offer it to Jenny.