Boba, Waffles, and Interruptions

Lance was undeniably infatuated with with nerdy customer that sat on the right end of his tiny boba shop in the second chair to the left in front of the window facing the blue counter where Lance was forced to remain  in. 

And he's never even talked to him.

He didn't know the tone of his voice, if it was high-pitched or deep and goddamn sexy. He didn't know how he blushed, how he thought, how he responded. He didn't know what he did, or what major was he, or what he liked and disliked. Was he awkward or extremely outgoing? Lance doubted that last one.

Keith came in the same red hoodie and black shirt, and on this cold day, a red wool scarf. He never approached anyone and he kept to himself and his computer. He would come in around noon and around Lance's shift and sit down on his chair which was always the same second chair to the left facing Lance in the counter. But his eyes were never on Lance. He grabbed his computer bag and pulled out his chromebook and began doing homework. He was obviously a college student considering the books he placed on the table about astronomy and the size of them at least 50 pounds.

Lance always wondered which school he went to. Lance never had seen him at Altea Uni, where he goes, but maybe he was out of the city? Or going to another college around this area? He didn't know but he was really fucking pretty.

Hunk snorted next to him, nudging him with his elbow,"Take a picture, it lasts longer." Lance groaned and turned around, staring up at the boba tea menu above them and ignored his best friends comment,"I wish, but that'd be stalkerish. I only know his name because of that one time you took his order while I was on my break." Lance proceeded to turn his head and glare at Hunk,"Traitor. I'm still mad. You could've just called me over and said you were gonna take a break!!" Hunk sighed and shook his head, arms crossing,"You never liked your breaks interrupted. If I had called for you, you would've come in and argued with me and set a bad impression on your crush." Lance mumbled and pouted,"You know me too well. Also, he's not my crush. That's so childish!" Hunk laughed and pat him on the back so hard it almost knocked the wind out of him,"And so like you."

Lance turned around again and continued to stare at his crush's black mullet. It seemed soft and curled delicately around his ears and over his red blue light glasses which he only used for the computer. Today, it seemed barely brushed and so beautifully tousled. Lance could only sigh dreamily.

~

Lance loved Allura more than anything in the world, but recently and as his boss, he couldn't possibly love her even more than he did today. "REALLY?!" Allura nodded," I feel it would be better for our shop if we have some people working in the counters and other people walking around socializing and picking up trash and stuff for our customers. It shows respect and kindness." Lance was bouncing off walls and beaming so bright even the sun couldn't outshine him. Lance grabbed his co-worker's arms and pulled on him, gripping his bicep,"HUNK!! Do you know what this means!!!!!" Hunk looked at his friend gently and smiled softly,"It means you'll focus on your work and duty as a paladin of our shop?" Lance grinned brightly, tugging on Hunk's arms, and said cheerfully,"No!"

Hunk sighed.

"It means that I'll finally be able to talk to him and it'll be love at first sight and soon he'll been swept off his feet and after a few conversations, we'll go on dates and kiss and become boyfriends. Then in about 3 or 4 years if things go well, I'll propose here where we met with his favorite flowers and we will get married about 6 months afterward then move to a farm and raise a cow named Kaltenecker and three kids with 2 cats and 1 dog." As Lance continued his fantasies and planning his entire future, a loud snort sounded from the other side of him. Lance rolled his eyes and his nose scrunched up,"What are you snickering at, Pidge?" Pidge, his other best friend, didn't even try to hide their smirk and crossed their arms tauntingly,"Just how naive you are. And how you've already planned you're wedding with a customer you've never had the balls to talk to." Allura looked at her disapprovingly,"Language, young lady."