𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

    A FIRE BLAZES IN THE OPEN HEARTH CASTING A BRONZE GLOW ONTO ASTRID AND ANAKIN. The two watch the flame dance and spin. The silence around them was comforting, neither of them felt the need to fill it with anything. Astrid sits in her nightgown on the corner of the couch next to Anakin, who had turned his gaze from the fire to the girl that stole his heart within a few days.

    Feeling his stare, Astrid looks up at him with a small smile. Her mind had been occupied by the kiss once she finally had time to process what happened. She couldn't help the way her stomach churned in guilt. Being a Jedi was a big part of the boy, so the fact she made him break the very rules that they were required to follow made a pit in her stomach grow–the consequence of anyone finding out would lead to his expulsion and it would make her feel worse.

    Noticing the boy leans in, Astrid couldn't help but let the words fall from her lips. "Ani, I can't let you break the Code, especially because of me."

    "Astrid, you don't get it," Anakin's hands grab a hold of the girl's hands, encasing them in comforting warmth, "when Padme told me everything about you, I thought she was lying because no one could be so perfect, then I met you. You are so perfect, and now that I'm with you, I'm in agony."